Zaino is a lazy man's friend

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by Dust2Glory, Jun 25, 2008.

1. JohnyB

JohnyB Birth of a Detailer

So 3m glaze last as long as a top level paint sealent intersting...

2. 02CAMSS

02CAMSS Jedi Nuba

I don't care what you say! Zymol rules!!:headbang:

3. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

:shakehead: ok, ok guys... I will use Zaino this weekend with an open mind:meditation:

And if possible, i will see if i can get some 50/50 shots of the so called "filling capabilities" that Zaino so lavishly talks about.

To be honest, I hope it does work great not really for me, but for the customers sake... cause he's the one who spend all the money on the stuff! I'm just getting paid to apply it:thumb:

So with that said we can stop :deadhorse:

And all you Z nuts can take a :chillpill: before I get:banned:

Wow I don't think I've ever use so many icons in one reply:computer:

Can't we alll just :hug: :shrug:

4. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Great post!!!

There is a ton of thought provoking data that really makes you realize that marketing is a key aspect in this market as in any.. and why wouldn't it...

Some of my favorite points are:

"Since switching the F430 in '05, Ferrari has used a version of PPG's Cerma-Clear paint system. Hardley soft": I agree, the f-car I did was FAR from soft!
    "The best part (and the pardon granted on this forum) is WHITE carnauba wax. No such thing. All #1 carnauba is yellow and the only way to make it white is to use a chemical process such as bleaching" Another great point and one that I thought most knew but maybe not

"Very cool since Ferrari uses PPG paint, Lamborghini uses an Audi paint system, Maserati uses the previous generataion Ferrari " I never knew this... more great info that I hope I need to use.

And last nut not least some great humor:
    "(sometimes I find the people that use Zaino a little outragoues the same as I find threads such as this that really offering nothing)"

I, like you understand that the car care market is just that - a market and marketing is a huge factor in that..

One must read through the BS, do some research and and take a leap and give a product a try and decide for themselves... had I not followed this belied I would have never tried Zaino which is one of my 2 favorite sealants along with Duragloss..

5. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

I've used Zaino many times, and I have never seen Z5 hide anything, not even minor swirls. I highly doubt it has any significant filling abilities. I still prefer Ultima Paint Guard Plus, which IMO produces a deeper, more glossy finish and is way easier to apply. Oh, man, did I say that? Had I said that at Autopia, the bombs from Z zealots would have started falling.:catfight:

6. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Try saying that on a vette forum!

7. cwcad

cwcad Birth of a Detailer

I found Zaino to do an excellent job. When used according to directions the product delivers a great shine and excellent product longevity. I will be quite surprised if ...after the detail ...you do not notice a slicker paint surface than almost any other product.

Another thing to remember is that less is more. Very little product is needed for each application. Good luck!! I hope...and look forward to your observations of the product after your initial use of the product.

8. Todd

Todd Banned

You make a post that shows how disgusted you are because a company makes truthful claims... Then ask people not to beat a dead horse...

Here is the irony of the Zaino thing...

Somebody makes a post bashing any OTHER product and people will defend it. People make a post bashing Zaino for doing less then other companies (in terms of marketing) and if anybody defends it they are Zealots.

This post is like Seinfeld, it really is about nothing. So Zaino says things that are true and you get bent out of shape, what about Zymol's paint feeding? Or the fact that their wax is made from stuff that doesn't exist. Thats pretty outlandish, or the the fact that Swissvax CHEMICALLY removes swirl marks... I mean the BS is so thick from so many companies I would HATE to be at your house when you read the labels on your products. I am really suprised that there are not over 1000 posts by you based on EVERY product you have ever tried pointing out the terrible marketing..

9. Todd

Todd Banned

Also when you used #845 on the MB, did you take an 50/50's of the detergent proof ability?

10. Cooter

Cooter Guest

May I have your attention please.

Billy Mays here inviting you to please
    report to the customer service desk and pick up your complimentary bottle of TW-Ice Sealant/Glaze/Polish/Wax/Compound/Engine Detailer/Interior Protectant/TireShine/Carpet Cleaner/Liquid Clay Bar/ YADA YADA YADA.

Its a business. People are trying to sell their product.
    Ever hear anyone say- Here's my product, it doesnt do as good as this one, so if you wanna get that, thats okay..

Like I read all the time-- If it gives you the finish you want, stay with it.

11. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Um, marketing is marketing. To be brutally honest, I'm not so interested in how they market their product but rather if the product does what we want it to do. I know it SHOULD live up to its claims and there are many manufacturers out there that blur the lines of accurate product description versus consumer marketing.

FWIW, screw what they claim! I mean, as long as you like the product for what it does, that's all it really comes down to. I just feel sorry for the newbie hobbyist detailer who doesn't know what he/she's getting him/herself into when purchasing, IMO, misrepresented names for products such as polish = sealant. It really is like reinventing the wheel here.

12. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

It is always a heated issue when people discuss products and product cleaims, certain brands (most starting with Z) seem to bring up the most heat.

This thread is still in the relm of civility, and people have the right to post as they feel.

However there have been a few members who have asked it be closed as they see a problem comming up.

We have decided to keep this thread open as it is still clean, and within the rules. HOWEVER if personal attacks or objectnoable posts are maded we will close it.

Please remeber, everyone is entitled to there opion, its the spice of life, however we have a responsiblity to be mindfull and respectfull of others opions.
    So please keep this thread clean and prove those naysayers wrong

Thank you

Detailing Bliss Reps.