Wolfs or opti coat

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by Jay @ C and L Machine, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

Ok, got my QD the other day and had a chance to use it.............. wow. application was different, but the product flashed off, no high spots. left an incredible gloss and was super slick

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

Kilo6_one that is looking bad ass !!!!

3. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Wagen looks mint! Get some coil overs on it and you're golden.

4. Pureshine

Pureshine DB Pro Supporter

Car looks good! Get wheels and coil overs then your golden lol.

5. hamza7

hamza7 Welcome to Detailing

That looks great KArl.

6. Kilo6_one

I have coilovers, waiting till after Xmas to install them............ and I like the wheels, not going for the aftermarket look on this car, keeping it as factory as possible (R36 vibe), but may swtich it up this spring.......... also its the wifes car

7. Socal Brian

Socal Brian DB Forum Supporter

Looks great Karl!

8. Alex1389

Alex1389 Two Bucket System Washer

Also is there a particular method in prep prior to the application of HB, I will be doing a complete paint correction Megs D300, AF Tough Prep, AF Tough Seal which will be carried out with the Uber collection of pads and a Griots DA . By going down this route I think I prep should be at a level good enough for the HB app unless someone can tell me different :) thanks guys

9. Kilo6_one

Now you have me all self conscious so I was looking at wheels today...............LOL

10. piginapoke

piginapoke Obsessive Detailer

So like usual there has been a mixed bag of answers, I guess I am gonna stick with Opti-coat.

11. Kilo6_one

^^^ lol. so true. so many opinions, honestly Ive seen opti coat, Cquartz and Aquartz as well as HB, they all look fantastic, they do what they claim. Anything else is splitting hairs.

12. DJBAILEY

DJBAILEY Birth of a Detailer

Using Megs D300, and then AF Tough Prep is a good prep. I don't think that AF Tough Prep leaves anything behind as far as gloss enhancers or micro-crystalline fillers. Leave off the AF Tough Seal if you are going to apply Wolf's HB. You don't want to apply HB on top of another sealant. I quick IPA mix wipe down after AF Tough Prep might be worthwhile just in case.

The Wolf's Shine & Seal would be the equivalent to the AF Tough Prep as far as cleansing the paint, but the S&S leaves a primer layer of nano particles ready to accept the HB or BW layer.

I think that the paint always looks better after using Wolf's Shine & Seal prior to HB or BW no matter how nicely the paint had been polished out. S&S makes for a really good jewelling polish. I use a dedicated 5.5" blue Uber pad to apply S&S. There's the peace of mind thing also knowing that the paint was prepped properly too when S&S is used.

13. hippiesrock03

hippiesrock03 Virgin Detailer

Does HD really look that much better? I just purchased Opticoat V2 and now I'm scratching my head on whether or not to use it or get another product. Thanks a lot guys haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Alex1389

Alex1389 Two Bucket System Washer

So the original plan has changed, got myself some Menz FG400 which will be applied with a MF pad to start correcting light swirls and marring, then Menz SF4000 to further correct. Now would you leave out the AF tough prep and go straight to S&S or use the prep IPA wipe S&S then apply HB with a Uber black pad?

And on another note (brother inlaws car) was going to go down the AF Tough Prep/Seal route I can apply a Wax from AF for example?
    Thanks for the help

15. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

where did you get the sweet ass grill and what rims are those?

Passat wagon?