Wolfgang Füzion Carnauba Polymer Concours Wax

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by FMINUS, Mar 29, 2008.

1. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

I've got a 99 M3 in my garage right now im working on... im gonna go, JS, fuzion then top it with Souveran.... it's black!!!

2. joep

joep Welcome to Detailing

D2G ..can you snap of few pictures of the Fuzion before topping it with Souveran ??

3. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

yes..want to see what the Fuzion looks like on black...just curious as to what it looks like....

Al

4. jsatek

jsatek Birth of a Detailer

Agreed.

5. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

sure thing... will do

6. joep

joep Welcome to Detailing

Thanks..:mounty:

7. Smith2287

Smith2287 Welcome to Detailing

Congrats Gary on the new waxes, I am very excited to see your cars rather then a specific wax!!!! I think that the concurso on the black z06 would look stunning.

8. Nica

Nica Banned

I'm just glad we make you feel normal garry....now about the amount of cars you have :druling: :druling: :druling:

As much as I'm looking forward to the pictures I'm more interested on your personal opinion on the wax's you got oh and be honest don't hold back we all have different opinions but that's what forums are all about :thumb:

9. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

Congrats on the new wax purchases Gary. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on them.

10. DieselMDX

DieselMDX Obsessive Detailer

I dont mean to a jerk but Gary u own 2 VERY expensive cars that cost hundreds of thousands dollars to buy and take care of but u r having second thoughts on a 200 dollar wax? I mean what does a rear tire cost for the viper? Last time I checked you need two :)

Dont take this the wrong way I am not trying to argue or flame you, just a honest question.

11. GBS

GBS Wax on..Wax off

Just because someone buys expensive cars does not mean they should throw their money away on anything they don't fell is worth the money. I wasn't born rich and didn't get the money to buy expensive cars from throwing my money away. I work hard and smart for the money I have. It's not that I can't afford to buy a $200 wax or even a $3,000 dollar wax. It's a matter of do I feel the wax is worth the money.

If you feel the expensive waxes really make that much of a different I would tell you to buy them. It's your money so spend it anyway you feel fit.

I honestly have never seen an expensive wax that I thought looked much better then some waxes available at a fraction of the cost. That's just my opinion and I respect your opinion if you don't agree.

12. Al-53

I agree with Gary 100%...I know with proper polishing and a 20.00 wax and a 500.00 wax side by side a person will not be able to tell which is which.....there was a post on another forum last year where a person polished his BMW it was black or dark Blue and he topped it Turtle wax and all the replies were amazed at the results...it looked like a swimming pool...so its bringing the paint to a mirror clear finish that's what counts..and any product on it will amplify the results...

AL

13. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

I agree with Gary and AL.

But I will also add that pictures never do justice!

14. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

I agree that a perfectly polished finish will be hard to improve regardless what wax you use. However what if the car is not "perfectly" polished. I know that the majority of cars on the road are not. So on a car that has say only had a really good paint cleaning done will you be able to tell the difference between a $40 wax and a $200 wax? I think you can or at least thats been my experience. I don't have the clientel that wants to spend the $$$ for complete perfect polishing but after cleaning with say DG 501 and an application of Jetseal I can tell a difference in the look of Lusso Oro and Rubbish Boys OE. Heck my wife can now come out and look at a car I've done and tell you what wax I used and that is saying something.

15. pirex

Good saying wolfy!

16. Al-53

I will agree about the pictures..to a point.....I seen some product reviews and they WOWED me in the results....so the picture did infact show it was outstanding looking...and I seen some pictures of products that just look nice but no wow effects...it may be photo skills or just no wow effects....

Now I seen Gary's Viper pic..that wowed me..even though I do not like the Wolfgang Sealant...looks nice but lacked in durability...and Pirex..your Red VW I believe it was..that was outstanding looking...so to me you get a good idea what a product will look like form a Pic...so in person it will look much better...so what i am saying is...if a product looks good in the pic..it may be just a bit better in person..but if a pic WOWs you you know it looks much better in person....

but you have to take photo skills into play also...and I suck...I can do nude women pretty good though...lol....

AL

17. agentf1

agentf1 Jedi Nuba

I have to agree, it is 85% prep that makes or breaks the way the finish looks.

The LSP has very little to do with this.

The only way to really judge a LSP is to wash it week after week and see how it it looks after a rain and how easy it washes or the water sheets after a wash. Does it bead nicely and blow dry as you go down the road from the wind when it is raining. When you go to re wax or re apply the sealant is there a lot of dirt stuck on the finish? Or like the problem I used to have when using a liquid wax, does it look oily or smeary when the sun is low. All things that a photo won't show you.

As far as pictures go all they really show is how good your prep work was to a certian extent. I have taken before and after pics and have not been able to tell a difference but in person the difference was amazing. So really all that shows is how good of a photagrapher you are or how good your camera or lighting is. My neighbor has a really good SLR camera and the pics it took over my little cannon power shot sd300 is amazing. Just the difference between his camera not needing a flash when mine does makes a huge difference.

So, in conclusion, if anybody ever asked me what they should spend 300 bucks on, a $300 wax or a Flex buffer or even a better swirl remover, I would have to go with the Flex or SSR over a quality wax any day.

18. pirex

Of course Al, I agree with you there.

And about my vw, there is a prove that wax makes a difference. I haven`t polished that car since last summer, and it looks better now, then it did then :yikes: Thats why I said WOW :yikes: when I was finished waxing her. But of course, if she was polished really good, she could be looking even better. It some swirls etc on her! So I am gone do some wetsanding soon!

Anyway, I agree with yoi on the pictures!!

19. pirex

Of course Al, I agree with you there.

And about my vw, there is a prove that wax makes a difference. I haven`t polished that car since last summer, and it looks better now, then it did then :yikes: Thats why I said WOW :yikes: when I was finished waxing her. But of course, if she was polished really good, she could be looking even better. It some swirls etc on her! So I am gone do some wetsanding soon!

Anyway, I agree with yoi on the pictures!!

20. GBS

GBS Wax on..Wax off

I would agree that a good wax has a much greater effect on a car that is not polished than a car that is highly polished. The question "are expensive waxes worth the money?" still remains and I think it always will . Looks is a matter of opinion with no scientific way to measure it. Even if you could measure it how would you put a value on it in terms of money? My opinion is that there are a lot of great waxes out there that look as good as the expensive waxes for a lot less money. I don't expect every one to agree. I just purchased some fairly expensive waxes anyways and I feel a little crazy for doing it. If I'm wrong and the expensive waxes look better then anything else I have tried I will be happy to admit it. At least then I won't feel like I wasted my money buying them. Of course the amount of money I spent on them could influence my optinion of how they look.