Wolfgang Füzion Carnauba Polymer Concours Wax

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by FMINUS, Mar 29, 2008.

1. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

I agree, it looks very homemade, not elegant at all.

And Im speaking solely on the presentation.

If the wax works, Ill be shelling out $$$ regardless of how good/bad the marketing is

2. GBS

GBS Wax on..Wax off

I don't really care about the marketing. I would rather see less spent on marketing and less charged for the product . I like the simple marketing like Poorboy's or Chemical Guys. If the product is very good, I would try it. It's still in a price range I would try. I do think that some of you guys who $400, $1,000 or more on a wax are a little crazy IMHO. I'm propably crazy too for spending over $50. :crasy: We all the prep is where it's at.

3. RTexasF

RTexasF Birth of a Detailer

I just went to the site and read all the hoopla about this wax. It might be the best thing since wax was invented but the presentation just looks hokey. A high dollar box and a cheesey plastic jar of product? A Ferrari parked at loading docks? The pictures were not flattering to the product at all. A disc to show you how to use it? Good Grief!

It may be superb but the presentation is sorely lacking in my book. In all honesty I would never spend that much for a tub of wax but with a little effort they could have made it much more enticing.

4. DieselMDX

DieselMDX Obsessive Detailer

i have to say the ferrari does look good in the pics but cmon we all know it is the camera

imo i am not impressed WG doesnt have the rep to put out a wax like this.

I am spending my money on companys that have been around alot longer

5. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

I with you on this FMINUS, will have to buy it.

6. Lars

Lars Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Sounds like an interesting wax, and w/ the free refill it's around the same price as Souveran.
    +1 on the poor marketing.

I wonder if all will always have that free refill (which I assume is just 1 time) or if it is just for those who purchase soon. I think I need to get some Councours first seeing that it's the same price.

7. RTexasF

RTexasF Birth of a Detailer

There are pictures of Meghan's car done with Fusion on the AG site. No mention of what prep was done but it really does look quite spectacular.

8. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

i would only buy it if it came in a plastic cube:sorry::drinking2:

9. dengood1

dengood1 Birth of a Detailer

10. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

11. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

I agree with you on both comments.. FYI for those that hve not worked on the Chrysler paint on Meghans 300.. it is LOADED with flake.. more so than what you see on most cars.. therefore it shouldn't take much to get it to pop - just saying

12. GBS

GBS Wax on..Wax off

The pictures looks good, Dennis.

It's hard to complain about the packaging when you compare it to some of the higher end waxes by Zymol and Swissvax. There's cetainly nothing special about their packaging IMO.

13. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

this looks interesting... i think i might wait for a few more reviews to come out.. most AG made products have not blown me out of the water.. I will eventually give this a shot but its not on my list of thing to buy right now....

and its really not that expensive.. its 175 for two tubs, which to mean is not killer like some of the other waxes on the market....

i guees time will tell

14. dengood1

dengood1 Birth of a Detailer

Off topic: Calgary, give me some products that HAVE blown you out of the water, in categories (ie: wax, sealant, dressing, carpet cleaner, etc.). Thanks. Just curious:)

15. GBS

GBS Wax on..Wax off

I just purchased some Zymol Concours and some Swissvax Concorso just to try time out but I sincerely doubt if I will be blown away buy them. I'll be very surprised if I am. There are so many great products on the market that are reasonably priced. I think I'm probably crazy for even spending more then $50 for a wax.
    :crasy::duh::shead::thud::shakehead:

16. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

Congrats with the waxes Gary :D

17. agentf1

agentf1 Jedi Nuba

I usually judge a product on how it works, not how expensive it is. I have found that some of the best products on the market are under 20 bucks a bottle.

18. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Welcome to the club GARY! :applause2:

19. eShine

eShine Guest

But if the wax is good (The actual product you should be concerned about) who cares if it came in a zip loc bag? :D

It is so obvious that marketing does work. I am heaing so many remarks about the packaging, wooden box, the CD, etc. So many people making decisions based on packaging. If I buy a $175 wax I expect the wax to be worth the $175.

20. Nica

Nica Banned

Congrats on your purchase Gary, I'm really looking forward to your feed back.