Tomorrow afternoon me and my buddy from work are going to mess around on his 1997 Jetta. He's got some oxidation and I wanted to do a nice one stepper to give it some gloss and remove a good amount of the swirls. I plan on using an Uber Green Pad attempting to finish down LSP ready. Any advice?
203 is definitely going to be a good choice with the uber green, does pretty well on most paints and I have used on several cars as a one stepper and has always done the job.
I'd hit it with Green and SIP... I have no problem getting it to finish down LSP ready... I mean the finish isn't 100% but the most defect removal is what I go for...
You need to get SIP a.s.a.p. Its my most used polish In case you aquire some SIP: 2 stepprt-I usually do SIP/orange pad and finish with 85rd on blue
SIP or Power Finish on green to start. If this doesn't work, go to SIP or Power Finish on orange and follow up with 85RD on black or blue.
How do you not have SIP?? I Use SIP WAY more than any of my other Menz stuff, mainly because it cuts a lot on green and still finishes down very nicely.
I am so glad I bought a quart of SIP and 16 oz of power finish, and not vice versa. Kyle, shoot me a pm with your address again. I'll hook you up with some SIP. If you have Uber yellow, try that with power finish.
I mostly use PF since I vary the cut with the pad, so if I want more cut I use a wool pad, and less cut I use a soft foam. Works like a charm.