My black G37 Infiniti has minor scratches and swirls. I'd like to have the paint corrected someday but in the mean time should I do the following? 1.Wash 2.Clay 3.Glaze 4.Paint Sealant or Wax Or is there something else I should do to make sure the paint doesn't get worse between now and when I get it corrected, about 6 months from now? I didn't cause the current scratches/swirls. I purchased the car used and they were there already. The car is 2 years old.
that method should cover up the scratches as good as you can until you get it corrected. As far as making sure you don't do anymore damage to the paint, just make sure you are using the correct washing methods and products.
You should be fine with that process. Just make sure you use a gentle claybar to reduce the chances of introducing additional scratches on the paint. The automagic blue clay with ONR as a lube should do the trick.
Thank you for the reply. To wash I hose down first with decent amount of pressure from the hose. Then I wash with Eimann Fabrik Gentle Shampoo using a Microfiber Washbone Wash Pad. I use 5 gallon bucket with a grit guard at the bottom and I use a 2nd bucket for rinsing the microfiber throughout. I dry with a blower then get anything leftover with a microfiber towel. Do you think that is an ok method and products? Or is there something else I should be doing?
yea that sounds like a good wash process. check this out if you are interested in anything else, it's really helpful http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum...wt-detailing-article-series-db-hyperlinks.htm #18 is "Common Causes of Paint Surface Scratches" #110 & 112 are both "Washing and Drying Vehicle Paint"