Poll: What should DD get for a new daily/ride : )

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by detailersdomain, Feb 22, 2009.

?

What would you buy?

1. 04 BMW 330i ZCP 6speed

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 08 Subaru WRX STI

32.1%
  3. 08 VW R32

39.3%
  4. 04-06 Mini Cooper S

28.6%
  1. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

I'm really diggin that 04 Blue 330I ZHP over the red...for the same reason you wear a blue tie to an interview over a red one; driving up to a customer's place and giving that first impression thing. I say nay-nay to the Mini and VeeDub. If you go STI, definitely grey over the blue.

Oh, and I'm about to place an order Phil! :lol:

2. Purplewidow

Purplewidow Obsessive Detailer

07 335..with good maintenence records. and a build date past 03/07..you could get a badass deal on a loaner car..you get a 100k warranty then. i love bmw..plus the resale value can't be beat..the 3 series is great so if you spend a lil more now you save on the long run.. a 328's total cost of ownership over 3 years is cheaper than a toyota camery. a 335 is 5k more. but there are deals to be had. good luck Phil

3. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

VW or STi!

4. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

yeah for the money guys the 330i seems to be the best bet...and the blue is what i would go with.

if I have to finance out another 10-15k for a car...then well it's not worth it right now due to the slow times etc...i will try to head over to the subie dealer tomorrow to see what they are willing to do.

maybe its a long shot.. :thumb:

5. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

JMO...

Phil, have you considered a Mazdaspeed 3? For a brand new car for list price $25K, they're pretty tough to beat. Not a real glamorous car, but a riot of fun to drive. Roomy too.

But for a classy ride that says "upscale" when you pull up to a customer's house...a 330i ZHP is my pick. One day, I will have one. That blue one you posted looks fantastic - seems like all I ever see ZHPs in is red.

6. detailersdomain

i considered them but with the new one coming out I was thinking twice about it.

lots of stuff out there.

7. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

I'm glad I have the first gen. Mazdaspeed3 cuz the new hood/front bumper+fascia combo reminds me of that smiling cat from Alice in Wonderland. IMO, the 2010 MS3 looks too much like an STI.

Good luck at the Subie dealership Phil! :thumb:

8. Denzil

Denzil Guest

When I was at Port Alberni for a Subaru event, we got to drive all the current model Subies. I have to say that the STi's were a ton of fun to drive but the only vehicles that were prepped for the rally course were the new WRX's. Those rally-prepped WRX's were a ton of fun to drive!

9. er1k

er1k Obsessive Detailer

The 3 series does it for me.
    Such a classic looking car yet aggressive at the same time.

10. detailersdomain

yeah the big reason why no allroad is because I have the RS6 :thumb: no need to really have the same chasis car in the house.

11. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

voted for BMW. I simply love that Ultimate Driving Machine!!!
    And I don't like Subaru period... Maybe it's just me.

12. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

I think you should go bimmer. I don't like the looks of the Subaru at all.

13. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

I voted BMW, you absolutely cannot go wrong driving RWD, its a hoot.

14. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

what about the Volvo C30 T5 or RDesign? I heard the 5 cyl turbo in that is real fun to drive.

15. detailersdomain

so here is the update I go to the Subie dealer check out the car I'm liking it....even though its ugly.

It works for me.....then I go let's go for the test drive...he goes we don't do that....

You know its the first time ever in my 10 years of buying cars that anyone ever said that....the sales guy needed a deposit on it before he would even discuss it further.

So I walked.....

16. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

lol you're joking right? obviously youre not, but thats just insane on their behalf. i've test driven an RS4 before while waiting for my GTI to be done getting serviced with no questions asked (aside from ID etc of course). are you ruling out the subie now?

17. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

It was a sign Phil...no subaru.

18. detailersdomain

no just pissed let's say i bought stuff double and the sales guy just gave me the keys. 10 years....jeez

19. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

BMW time Phil!

20. detailersdomain

yeah the bmw is 15k less.. : )

talking to another subie dealer making sure I can test drive it first....

[​IMG]