Paint Correction Class by DSMS, feeler!

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by dsms, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

That post was completely inappropriate.

2. ltebow34

ltebow34 Birth of a Detailer

I can say that all of us detailing start with no experience. I think the class is worth what everyone think its worth paying.

I think most can agree it is not 1000 dollar class that make the difference and make you better. It is time DOING NUMBER of cars and practicing yourself on spare panel if needed.

People may walk away with remember 1 or 2 new tips SOONER than they get from doing detailing by experience but it will NOT change level of detailer you are just 1 day.

Top detailer in country did not become top detailer in country by paying lots of money to go to "class", sorry dsms I mean this nice. They got better by doing detailing. Good lucks!

3. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

i smell the ban hammer. Maybe a hint of ip ban as well.

4. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Someones mad "Lil Davey" only needed 2 years to attain a thriving business, didnt take me 10 to do it.

Somesones mad "Lil Davey" has worked on dozens of supercars... as well as plenty of "nice" cars with severe defects.

Someones mad "Lil Davey" is trying to add a second part to his business with a detail training class.

Someone has NOTHING to post of his own work, forget high level correction shots.

Someone has BEEN PROVEN WRONG about "Lil Davey" photoshopping anything, my pics have been checked, nothing.

Sounds like someone is frustrated by another success?

Tell me Philbert, whats it like to correct Binaco Fuji ceramic paint on a Maserati MC12? Or 4 stage tint coat Rosso Vik Lamborghini paint? Do you know? I think there is SO MUCH YOU NEED TO LEARN AS WELL.

I have done both exotics and junkers.... work is there for all to see. Your telling me I photoshop is the greatest compliment to me and a testament to your jealousy of me. I am a humble person but boy you need your head examined.

Congratulations Philbert you haved picked a fight with "Lil Davey" and got your ass handed to you.

:spank:

Also:

Im sorry but I really cant stand the hatred of some of you people and I have kept quite and tried to be diplomatic about this but after the harsh things said about me by many and especially Philbert I think its time to put it all out there . The class is something I have wanted to do for a while and from what will be taught I think it can pay for itself after a few details from anyone who attends with an open mind.

My experience level in years should really mean nothing. The work I do is right there for all to see, if you think its bad then fine but dont tell me I need 5 more years in the game to be considered a professional, or 5 more years in the game to help others learn the trade. We have all seen videos from guys claiming to have detailed for 20 years, some of whom would get circles walked around them by any beginning detailer who spent a little time on forums learning how to properly do things.

And yes I am charging good money for it, why should I give away anything? Do you guys not know how to turn a profit? I am giving information which will directly help someone run a more successful business by improving their trade skill and cutting down their time on the learning curve so to speak.

Again my couple of years doing this should only add to the fact that I do in fact know what I'm doing and how I do it efficiently. To say "it took me 15 years to get to work on X car, or learn to correct X paint" seems ridiculous. There hasnt been a type of paint with the exception of lacquer that I have not worked on, expensive cars, cheap cars, hard paint, soft paint, I have done and have pictures of it all. What more do you want from me, I ask again!

My age has never been a limiting factor in my ability to sustain a small business or get clients, the only people who feel my age is an issue is those who choose to hate on me on the forums, all that hate may I add comes from nowhere as I provoke nobody, it seems simply my existence has become an issue. Its pathetic, you guys wanna talk about age? The maturity level displayed by Philbert is that of a 7 year old...

5. Minicoop831

Minicoop831 Birth of a Detailer

Could a admin please ban Philbert, he some know it all who just blatantly ripped on many form members.

Dave's work speaks for itself unlike philbert's know it all statements

Actions speak louder than words

6. tdekany

tdekany Wax on..Wax off

I am not an American, but Minicoop831 you are butchering the English language like no one else. LOL :D:D:D:D:D

7. Minicoop831

lol you get what I mean

8. tdekany

tdekany Wax on..Wax off

Yes and I am glad that you weren't offended.

You are a good guy.:thumb:

9. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

This thread is all over the radar... people making friends, obscenities, yada yada. I feel like I'm watching MTV.

10. Minicoop831

Just sticking up for Dave, he's getting ripped on just because he proposed an idea

11. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Well in defense of the critics, Dave did ask for feedback. Obviously not all of it is appropriate, but some of us are just speaking the truth. It's a difficult angle to approach, he can't really come out and say what will be learned (ex. compounding with X pad and Z polish at XXXX rpm), but pricing is sorta dependent upon knowing what will go into it and what will come out.

12. Frankastic

Frankastic Detail Photographer

Dave is the man!! I seen all Dave's write ups, whenever I look at his work, I learn something new. If Dave offer a class, and I can afford it. I would sign up in a heartbeat.

13. mikenap

mikenap Jedi Nuba

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

This soap opera just swung into high gear. I smell a steel cage match coming on!

14. Minicoop831

Absolutely agree, but there has been few that took it beyond criticism and turned it into a boxing match

15. ltebow34

ltebow34 Birth of a Detailer

Ye dsms is great detailer and maybe good teacher I hope he doesn't take my post before as attack but age may mean something to older member who may be offended but to me age is age and skill is skill. Maturity is also something to be consider.

My feedback was to tell people who may not know that only need realize they will learn tricks and tip but their level of detailer will not change and grow untill more experience with complete detail change. And really shouldn't be expecting to come out a complete different detailer just mabe more tricks in bag. You know so they don't come out too overconfident and make mistake

16. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Please ban Philbert Wormley aka Flash Gordon.

17. bjungx007

bjungx007 Birth of a Detailer

maybe you should do a small class at a discount to start and have it speak for itself. Dont listen to these lameos.

18. Erik Mejia

Erik Mejia Obsessive Detailer

:applause:

Dave, I hope the negative comments won't discourage you from posting your write-ups here in the future. I always enjoy them. Keep up the good work, and keep doing YOUR thing.

19. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

The mods and DB Boss have been watching this thread carefully. It's out of hand officially.

If you want to charge $100 to do a complete detail on a Bentley. DO IT. If you want to charge $15,000 to fly to Monaco to wash and wax a Chevy Cavalier, DO IT. If you want to charge $1,000 for a detailing class, MORE POWER TO YOU.

We are not shy to hand out 10 day time outs. Continued poor behavior will result in a ban.

Let this be a warning.

20. kdude

kdude Jedi Nuba

I'd be interested in attending as well.