Optimum's New Products from SEMA

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Chris@Optimum, Nov 7, 2011.

1. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

lmfao!!

2. Chris@Optimum

Chris@Optimum DB Certified Manufacturer

No one said it was "completely" new It's not a significant change so there's no change to durability. I personally think its a waste to layer it any way so your product is certainly not outdated. It's gone through a few unannounced tweaks before now anyway...as we're always improving. Remember when it smelled like ammonia?

Sent from my IPhone

3. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Great news Chris. Any idea when the MF cutting disc will be available? Does the cutting disc cut that much better then the polishing, used with a DA? I ruined 2 of my Meguiars and was looking to try Opt before I buy more Meg. Is GPS like a sprayable version of Poli Seal? Is the durability better? Is it going to replace poli seal?

4. Chris@Optimum

There was a mistake with the material and we had to send it back. We will likely have the cutting pads in stock end of November...or first of December. The face material is the same so technically you could use the polishing pads to both cut and polish. The interface foam is a little stiffer and a little thicker which will allow more pressure to be applied without over heating, but essentially they are very similar. Meg's uses closed cell foam that generates a lot of heat and that along with the outsourced overseas lamination process is probably why they failed. Our foam is open cell and runs much cooler. The superior lamination process will seal the deal for durability and these two attributes combined are why our pads can work at higher speeds and on forced rotation machines. GPS is a kind of sprayable PoliSeal. Durability should be a little better, but it will not replace PS.

5. MelF1fan

MelF1fan Birth of a Detailer

Is the GPS a replacement for PoliSeal? or a different product? If so, how does it differ?

6. Chris@Optimum

Gps adds a finish polish and AIO to our spray lineup. We will continue to make both products and maintain both complete lines. You will use less like the other sprays, it has a little more durability, and is a pleasure to use.

7. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Chris how is the MF cutting disc when compared to say LC PFW pads, is the cut and finish on par or better? Have you personally used it on a rotary yet, if so does it get as hot as a yellow foam pad does? I ask because I saw them on autogeek.net and read they can be used via rotary not just D/A, unlike the Megs MF cutting dics.

8. Old Tiger

Old Tiger Virgin Detailer

Chris I love how you guys never rest on your laurels! Looking forward to what Dr. G. and you will come out with next! I am a die hard fan of OG and your great new pollishes too! I am looking forward to a new version of ONR too!

9. Greg Nichols

Greg Nichols Birth of a Detailer

Hello Chris,

Was great to meet you guys at SEMA.

What I like about this idea of layering is this..........I can now polish out surface scratches in the OC and then restore the efforts of polishing by adding a new layer. I've polished out my hood twice, once because I had to and the other because I was testing if It could handle another polishing. The outcome was that the aggressive hydrophobic properties have diminished, while still protecting it doesn't shed water like 14 months ago.

I used the OC of a year ago, I know have 2.0 can I layer 2.0 over my OC?

Cheers,
    Greg

10. Chris@Optimum

The original must be polished before adding a new coat. The new (lable with the car) can be layered without polishing in between.

It was nice to meet you too. I had a great time talking to everyone who stopped by the booth!

11. Chris@Optimum

I only used the PFW a few times and hated them. The MF definitley finishes better, but IDK about the cut because I didn't use the PFW enough to form an opinion.

12. Greg Nichols

Perfect I'm going to give that a try. I assume that If I polished it about 3 weeks ago, I'm still good to apply and don't need to re polish?

Cheers,
    GREG

13. Greg Nichols

Don't want to Highjack. I love PFW they cut faster than MF pads, and can finish nicely but not like the MF cutting. PFW on a roatary with gel coat to work, is my starting point for boats. I've never used PFW on a DA, fibers too long.

Cheers,
    GREG

14. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Thanks I might pick them up once Phil gets them in.

Thank you for your reply I have some PFW coming in in 5.5" and 4" for the Flex PE 14-2 I just purchased that replaced my Makita and PCXP.