New Products!

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by MartinD, Jun 14, 2012.

1. obsidian LGT

obsidian LGT Birth of a Detailer

Awesome, thanks Martin! On a side note, do you think Tough Coat over Power Seal would be a good maintenance product, or is that just overkill?

2. MartinD

MartinD DB Certified Manufacturer

Geez I bet that would last over a year and then some :)

3. flipm3

flipm3 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

:headbang:

4. MartinD

All orders shipped out - the new products are selling really well :worship2:

5. flipm3

flipm3 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

:dance:

When you get a chance, let me know about some of the other stuff. ;)

6. Gale Force

Gale Force Obsessive Detailer

That's great news Martin.

7. obsidian LGT

obsidian LGT Birth of a Detailer

Got the order today, thanks Martin! No replacement Lather though, are you fresh out?

8. Mike Lambert

Mike Lambert Birth of a Detailer

Got my order today Martin,
    Thanks again for great service,looking forward to the next group of new products
    Mike

9. MartinD

Great Mike! Give me some feedback on the products!

10. MartinD

Hey Greg :)

New batch of Lather arrived today and I shipped you one out - keep an eye out for it and let me know how this one compares to the funky one ;)

11. MartinD

Anyone that orders one of the new products will get a free air freshener with every bottle ordered.

We have Cool breeze or Berry scents. They smell great and you will get them free.

All you have to do is order one of the new products and I will throw them in for ya!

[​IMG]

12. Andy6228

Andy6228 Birth of a Detailer

What is the difference between power seal and tough coat?

13. Pureshine

Pureshine DB Pro Supporter

Can't wait to try the tire jell and new waxes.

14. MartinD

Tough Coat should be applied by hand and is a spray on and wipe off product. Here on the east coast 6+ months durabilty is easy. Mine fell off right before the 8 month mark.

Power Seal is a machine sealant that should be applied via DA at low speeds. Work the product into the panel until it disappears and then wipe away. The durability is still out as it is a brand new product. Power Seal leaves a slick finish and sheets water extremely well.

15. Erik Mejia

Erik Mejia Obsessive Detailer

So Power Seal's durability hasn't been confirmed as 6-12mo durability as stated before?

Nice looking range by the way, on my list to try

16. MartinD

James and members in the UK have tested it. I only have had it a few weeks :) Will only comment on my real life experiences so I can tell you the truth :)

17. Frankastic

Frankastic Detail Photographer

I think Martin is right, our weather is totally different than UK's weather. so that durability may vary here.

18. russzs

russzs Virgin Detailer

Some quick thoughts on the the new additions from me:

I picked up the latest additions to the Auto Finesse range recently so thought I'd share some thoughts and pictures for you all. I've had a couple of the products on test for a while - namely Power Seal which I've had for a few months now and even used on customers cars and also Satin (the new tyre dressing). I've also been using prototypes of Glide for a while now too, so glad to see the final retail version finally in production.

Here are the new additions:

[​IMG]
    DSC07561 by RussZS, on Flickr

We have:

- Power Seal which is a sealant which is optimised for use via machine polisher.

- Satin which is the new tyre dressing which is more durable than Gloss but gives more of a sheen than a glossy/blingy look

- Temptation is the new entry level wax and is also a soft wax so very easy to spread and remove

- Tough Prep is a 'sealant friendly' paint cleanser so ideal for use before Power Seal or Tough Coat

- Glide is the clay bar lubricant

First up was Glide (clay lube) which has changed colours a few times over the different versions I have assessed but is now a light purple/violet colour:

[​IMG]
    DSC07562 by RussZS, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    DSC07563 by RussZS, on Flickr

The test mule was this BMW E92 335D which is an upcoming full wet sand project which we're working on. It's yet to be cleansed fully (only some panels) so was an ideal test bed for these new products.

[​IMG]
    DSC07565 by RussZS, on Flickr

Glide was used alongside the Auto Finesse Clay:

[​IMG]
    DSC07564 by RussZS, on Flickr

The front OS wing was to be used for this test. The product was misted onto the panel with a couple of bursts from the spray head (same spray head as Citrus Power I believe, so great product dispersion):

[​IMG]
    DSC07568 by RussZS, on Flickr

The clay 'glided' (excuse the pun) over the paint surface perfectly and lifted all of the contamination present was minimal effort. I use very little pressure when claying and use the bar to pick up the contamination, so having good lubrication is key. Glide is perfect in this role and better Born Slippy which was my previous preferred dedicated product.

[​IMG]
    DSC07569 by RussZS, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    DSC07570 by RussZS, on Flickr

The product is perfectly balanced for its intended purpose. My only concern from a business perspective would be the cost per car, so something like Citrus Bling or Last Touch is more cost effective, but this is a fraction nicer to use, so ideal for somebody maintaining their own car and only claying a couple of times per year. In this role its good value for 500ml.

Also key for me when claying, is how cleanly the surface cleans up with a drying towel - Glide was great in this respect:

[​IMG]
    DSC07571 by RussZS, on Flickr

Very little was used:

[​IMG]
    DSC07572 by RussZS, on Flickr

Next up is Tough Prep, which has been designed presumably to compliment Tough Coat and Power Seal in the range, as a sealant friendly paint cleanser, similar to Jeffs Acrylic Prime (but without the protection element). It has a very chemically smell like all of the best chemical cleaners I've used:

[​IMG]
    DSC07573 by RussZS, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    DSC07574 by RussZS, on Flickr

A small amount was added to a clean Meguiars MF Applicator and worked into the front wing which was just clayed:

[​IMG]
    DSC07575 by RussZS, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    DSC07576 by RussZS, on Flickr

It did a great job of lifting dirt from the freshly clayed panel, and left a very slick finish. I'd liken it to Rejuvenate in fact, but obviously this is the better option if following with Tough Coat or Power Seal:

[​IMG]
    DSC07577 by RussZS, on Flickr

I also tested it out via DA on the rear quarter in a paint cleansing capacity (not checked cutting ability yet)

[​IMG]
    DSC07594 by RussZS, on Flickr

Worked on speed 3.5 on a DAS-6 Pro, it did a great job of cleansing the again freshly clayed paint:

[​IMG]
    DSC07595 by RussZS, on Flickr

Temptation the new entry level wax (£25) was up next. It is very heavily scented with the aroma of Pineapple and noticeably softer than other Auto Finesse waxes:

[​IMG]
    DSC07578 by RussZS, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    DSC07579 by RussZS, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    DSC07581 by RussZS, on Flickr

You can see how soft/wet it is from this applicator pic:

[​IMG]
    DSC07582 by RussZS, on Flickr

It spread across the front wing very easily indeed. Most of the other AF waxes can only be left for a few minutes before removal is required. I deliberately applied this very thickly and left it for a good 15-20 minutes before attempting removal:

[​IMG]
    DSC07584 by RussZS, on Flickr

It removed very easily indeed. It wasn't quite as easy as say CG 50/50 or BriteMax Vantage but wasn't very far behind at all, but also added a nice wetness to the paint. It's certainly a lot easier to use than most waxes. It reminded me a lot of Swissvax Onyx in terms of application and removal.

The beading is great too!

[​IMG]
    DSC07593 by RussZS, on Flickr

On the rear quarter, Power Seal was used. I've been using this for a while so was already a fan of it. The last version I had seems identical to this retail version:

[​IMG]
    DSC07596 by RussZS, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    DSC07597 by RussZS, on Flickr

Applied via a Glazing Pad on a DA using speed 3.5:

[​IMG]
    DSC07599 by RussZS, on Flickr

One thing I found from using this on previous cars is that its best to remove a panel at a time, as it can be a bit grabby if left on for too long, so I left for a few mins to cure then buffed off.

Everytime I use this product the gloss it leaves behind impresses me a lot, with no exception on this 335D. The finish is also incredibly slick indeed!

[​IMG]
    DSC07600 by RussZS, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    DSC07601 by RussZS, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    DSC07603 by RussZS, on Flickr

Beading from this product isn't quite as strong as a wax (sealant rarely are) but certainly one of the best sealants I've used from a beading perspectve:

[​IMG]
    DSC07604 by RussZS, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    DSC07605 by RussZS, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    DSC07618 by RussZS, on Flickr

It betters Power Lock for me, which is another sealant you can use via DA.

Lastly we have Satin which is the new tyre gel, designed to give a more natural look than Gloss.

[​IMG]
    DSC07610 by RussZS, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    DSC07611 by RussZS, on Flickr

It's quite a thick clear gel, which becomes more watery as you spread it around the tyre:

[​IMG]
    DSC07612 by RussZS, on Flickr

Not the best pic I'm afraid, but offers you a view of the finish:

[​IMG]
    DSC07615 by RussZS, on Flickr

I like this a lot, building up layers allows you to control the level of shine - I like the look that 2 layers gives. Given how easy it is to spread, it's not a chore to apply a couple of layers at all, and something I normally do anyway to ensure even coverage.

Temptation on the front wing:

[​IMG]
    DSC07621 by RussZS, on Flickr

All in all, some great additions, particularly Power Seal which for me is a superb choice for an easy to use, durable sealant with very good beading and excellent sheeting.

The 335D itself will be a forthcoming thread after a full wet sand detail.

The orange peel on these newer BMW's is truly shocking:

[​IMG]
    DSC07643 by RussZS, on Flickr

After 1500, 2000, 2500, 3000 then a 2 stage polish, reflections and depth can be improved hugely, even on silver!

[​IMG]
    DSC07644 by RussZS, on Flickr

It should make for a decent write up hopefully! It will probably get topped with Power Seal too.

I hope this has been useful for some people, look out for Power Seal again on my forthcoming details.

Thanks,
    Russ.

19. russzs

russzs Virgin Detailer

There is also a new finishing pad (Supreme) which is now available in the UK, I guess Martin will have some soon? This is perfectly matched to Power Seal:

[​IMG]
    Untitled by RussZS, on Flickr

With regards to Power Seal, I've had it on test here in the UK since April. We have had a lot of rain, followed by pretty hot Sun here and Power Seal is still behaving like Day 1. The beading isn't as strong as some waxes, but its sheeting properties are faultless.

Here are a few cars I've used it on so far:

[​IMG]
    DSC04768 by RussZS, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    DSC07797 by RussZS, on Flickr

20. russzs

russzs Virgin Detailer

There is also a promising filler heavy glaze coming...

James very kindly sent me some samples of a couple of forthcoming products, a new Glaze for darker colours, and a sealant best applied via DA.

A fellow DW Member asked me if I could give his Jeep a quick spruce up this evening, so we literally spent around 2 hours washing it down then going over the paint with the AF Glaze and Sealant - both applied via DA Polisher.

The results from both amazed us both...

50/50 from the glaze after working for maybe 30 seconds using a 3M polishing pad and DA:

[​IMG]
    DSC04997 by RussZS, on Flickr

Before:

[​IMG]
    DSC05000 by RussZS, on Flickr

After:

[​IMG]
    DSC05001 by RussZS, on Flickr

Amazing stuff giving the working time - of course this will be filling a great deal, but for a quick spruce up it's amazing really and leaves the paint surface VERY slick.

We finished up with the DA Sealant and Mint Rims, PERL and Crystal:

[​IMG]
    DSC05003 by RussZS, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    DSC05005 by RussZS, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    DSC05011 by RussZS, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    DSC05012 by RussZS, on Flickr

The beadings not bad either...

[​IMG]
    DSC05014 by RussZS, on Flickr

Very, very impressed... we will report back on durability.

Cheers,

Russ.