Need a good leather cleaner?

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by Andrew C., Mar 2, 2011.

1. roger koh

roger koh Virgin Detailer

Real dirty seat is not a problem even if you do it the leather-safe system; otherwise strong alkaline cleaners may have its short or long term side effects to content with if they are not neutralized to the leather neutral pH of 3-5/6.

Visual side effect – deteriorating to the finish
    • Brightness
    • Streaks

Tactile feel side effect – deteriorating to the finish
    • Tackiness

Stiffness side effect - Denaturing the leather structure due to alkaline overexposure through the stitching seams and perforated panel you eyes do not see. Another fact is that leather when wet and dry again has the tendency for the fibers to becomes stick together, and when flex will leads to cracks especially along the weaker stitching seams and the perforated panels.
    • Stiffness that eventually leads to crack with constant flex.

The neutral pH of leather is between 3-5/6, and it is always recommended to return to its chemistry integrity when alkaline solution is used – thus check the pH of your solution prior to application.

Here’s the other problem solving guide beyond cleaning the toughest soiling condition including the unwanted aged old silicone conditioners.

[​IMG]
    A leather-safe Problem Solving Guide-AP9 for Auto Pigmented Leathers

2. Upper Class Detailing

Upper Class Detailing DB Pro Supporter

I use Leatherique Prestine Clean.

3. PDJ3.2

PDJ3.2 Birth of a Detailer

You can't go wrong with Pristine Clean, whether it's leather or vinyl. It works on both and leaves a factory fresh finish

4. stingray23

stingray23 Jedi Nuba

5. Eleotay

Eleotay Virgin Detailer

I have seen AMAZING results with Swissvax Leather Cleaner/Forte. I personally don't have any but I've seen some crazy 50/50's on some write ups. I definitely would consider some, I would love to get my hands on that stuff or some Leatherique but I'm a poor college student...

6. bjungx007

bjungx007 Birth of a Detailer

I'm a fan of duragloss leather shampoo. It's pretty awesome stuff. Cleans well,leaves a nice soft supple feel to the leather , the scent is very very mild but makes it smell clean inside, and its easy to work with. I recommend it to everyone

7. DJBAILEY

DJBAILEY Birth of a Detailer

Duragloss leather shampoo and conditioner also. Smells like the Zaino leather products to me. Using the shampoo with a leather brush and magic eraser (very lightly I know) has really deep cleaned seats for me. Never had to resort to an APC.

8. sgvevo9mr

sgvevo9mr Two Bucket System Washer

Leather Master Strong Cleaner is a qaulity Cleaner.:thumb:

9. belair

belair Birth of a Detailer

Agreed.

10. brk4euros

brk4euros DB Pro Supporter

Prestine Clean agitated with a soft brush will ALWAYS give you excellent results. Been using this method for years with many happy clients.

11. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

The following would be my choices, either one will work:
    -Leather Master Strong
    -Optimum Power Clean dilluted (start with 10:1 to see how it will work, however I would not exceed 3:1 dillution for leather)
    -Duragloss Leather cleaner.