My Garage Project is Complete!

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by brianja, Jul 15, 2008.

1. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

And we're all looking forward to the pictures!

2. brianja

brianja Jedi Nuba

haha. I will see what I can do :)

3. Nica

Nica Banned

I got a question, who's using the shop when your not there brianja? Just curious that's all.

4. brianja

brianja Jedi Nuba

The garage is located very close to my father's beach house (about an hour from me in NYC). He uses it mainly to store his collection and to wash. He is not as into detailing as I am.

He is in and out fairly regularly swapping cars.

I am there less frequently, but when I am it's for extended periods of time.

5. :worship2::worship2::worship2::worship2::worship2::worship2::worship2::worship2:

6. Nica

Nica Banned

Sounds like it's being put to good use :wicked:

Man your garage has inspired some wicked ideas for my new garage :worship2: :worship2:

7. iblingit

iblingit Virgin Detailer

I'm thinking of putting an epoxy floor down in my garage too. Just one question. How do you clean it? Can you mop it? I'm thinking it would be a good excuse to get one of those big bucket/wringers and a huge mop. For some reason, I've always wanted one.

8. brianja

brianja Jedi Nuba

It's VERY easy to maintain. Yes, a quick pass with a mop is really all it needs.

9. Purplewidow

Purplewidow Obsessive Detailer

first that is quite a nice garage!!

second about the floor i have heard recently that every 5 years or so you have to remove that and refinish it.. is that true because we were thinking about going the tile route instead esp since we have slabs of concrete settled for 27 years and in mint condition. but we haven't heard positive things about doing the floor like that.

congrats on the sweet garage!!!

10. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

When epoxy dries it is 75% the hardness of glass. You will NEVER replace that floor if it was laid down properly. Once again, congrats on the absolutely fantastic garage!!

11. GBS

GBS Wax on..Wax off

Looks great with lots of room.

12. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

wow looks great.

13. brianja

brianja Jedi Nuba

Thanks again, guys.

Phil... did I see you are sponsoring COI this year? Cool!

14. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

yes sir..maybe I can go on the run this year. I haven't been on it for a couple of years I will be doing some freebies /raffle prizes.

15. brianja

brianja Jedi Nuba

Freebies and raffles... sweet! haha.

I haven't done it before, but am really going to try to make it this year. I missed last year at the last minute and was mad.

16. black_ice_pc

black_ice_pc Virgin Detailer

Holy crapoly batman! I'm seriously jealous. I'll live in the apartment and detail cars to pay rent lol.

17. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

WOW, Thats beautiful. I would have been foaming at the mouth to move in there...:applause:

18. Crossroaddetail

Crossroaddetail Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Absolutely awesome!! What brand of floor epoxy did you lay down? Reason I ask, is we just finished our two garages(nothing compared to yours, wow!) and now we just need to get the floors covered, and the walls painted. How did you end up getting the epoxy to stick to the walls, we tried it in my uncles garage and ended up giving up...

19. brianja

brianja Jedi Nuba

Thanks again everyone.

Crossroaddetail, you are right about the epoxy not wanting to stick to the walls. The coating company had the same concern and experience.

We ran a 6" high strip of cement board (like the Durock / sheetrock used in bathrooms) at the bottom of the walls. The epoxy has no problem adhering to that.

I don't know what brand the epoxy was as we had a pro put down the coating.

20. LanceM

LanceM DB Forum Supporter

holy shit thats bad ass!