MD, VA, NJ, DE Meet?

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by willjco, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

Wow, I just looked at Harbor Freight's website and it seems they have a Chicago Electric rotary for $40. 7" hook and loop backing plate and 300rpm - 3,000rpm range of motion. That is a crazy good deal, I may have to pick one up. I can just use 7" LC pads with this puppy?

2. anbuzero

anbuzero DB Pro Supporter

List of all people attending thus far:
    1.Anbuzero
    2.Slanguage
    3.Darkstar752
    4.Chas
    5.GDAL
    6.billyblooshoes
    7.Emile
    8.willjco
    9.Reflect
    10. Pat300zx
    11. trhland
    12. smokin
    13. Smith2287

Official Date & Time
    Sunday November 22, 2009 starting at 9am

I will disclose the exact address via PM as we get closer to the date

3. Darkstar752

Darkstar752 Horizon Detailing

:applause2: :applause2: :applause2: :applause2:

I'm like 95% sure this works out perfectly for me :) I haven't been able to detail the last couple months because I've been up at school, it'll be nice to do it again.

4. memnuts

memnuts Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I would be interested in attending but I need to see where it is before I can say yay or nay. Could yo pm me the Addy

5. Darkstar752

It's Totowa NJ in case you wanna get a general idea of how far it is.

6. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

thats about 20 min from i believe

7. anbuzero

Update on Details
    GDAL will be bringing a Nissan Sentra to play around with and I am getting my cousins 2010 Mercedes Benz C300 Sport that needs major paint correction (I will supply all the materials for this car). Billy I believe might bring some panels to practice rotary techniques on.

8. Darkstar752

Great! We get to work on hard paint and softish paint too so we can show the newer guys the difference between the same combo's on different hardnesses of clear.

9. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

thats great thanks .

10. Emile

anbuzero, can you supply the buckets? Do you have a foam gun or foam cannon? I can bring my foam gun. I have a Karcher pressure washer and a foam cannon also but I'd rather not bring an entire PW with me.

11. anbuzero

I have 2 buckets with grit guards and i have a foam gun. I can try to have someone else bring theres so that we can all takle the cars fairly quickly.

I believe Willjco is bringing his PW so if you want to bring your foam cannon that would be good. Id like to see how much better it performs and if I should buy one myself.

12. GDAL

GDAL Guest

Guys ...

I can bring my buckets with the grit guards.

There might a possibility that I might have a buffer to take to the meeting. I don't have any polishes/compounds yet, but I can bring all my zaino products for people to try. I basically have everything, but the AIO. I'll be filling the sentra's trunk with most of my supplies.

13. GDAL

GDAL Guest

I like the fact that we are going to have two different clears to work on.

just some info on the sentra ... this car's paint has been exposed to every freakin' contaminant on the planet (was imported from PR where it lived close to the beach) The 1st owner used to park it under a tree and there's old tree sap marks everywhere. There are some areas that the sap ate thru the paint (at least two). I just wanna learn how to make it look better.

14. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

anybody got leatherique?

15. GDAL

GDAL Guest

I got 6 ounces of leather rejuvenator oil that I'm planning on bringing.

16. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

ok, anybody has some in this area that can sell bottle this sunday?

17. Emile

I can do that. I can bring some buckets and Grit Guards along with me as well. Whoever's pressure washer is going to be there, it just has to be a Karcher because that's the only fitting I have for my foam cannon.

18. anbuzero

sounds good not sure what brand the one Will is bringing, maybe he'll chime in with the answer....

19. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

Will has a Task Force pressure washer, from lowe's

20. anbuzero

ohh thanks Chas. well i guess we need someone with a karcher PW if we wanna use the foam cannon