lsp's with crazy beading

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by cleanfiend, Aug 25, 2011.

1. mrd0t

mrd0t Obsessive Detailer

Oh really.....(places order)..lol!

2. JoeyV

JoeyV Welcome to Detailing

My top 2 favorite beading "set-ups" are 845 topped with AG HD:

[​IMG]

or, 845 Topped with Zymol Glasur:
    [image coming soon]

I'll also throw this one up; 845 topped with Victorias Red Concours:

[​IMG]

3. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

Pete's 53 definitely has amazing beading but if you are looking for long term protection, such as over the winter, it may not be the best option for longevity. 845 would definitely go the distance.

My two main go-to's are Prima Epic and Menzerna PowerLock. Don't know why but I have been on a sealant kick for the last two years.

4. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

That should be its marketing point. LOL!

5. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I must have all of the products you guys mentioned, but yet to have tried most of them. And now Body Wrap Of Wolf Chemicals comes with a year round protection. I must resist this 'cause is sounds evil. No waxing for a year? Must be crazy :)

Oh, and last time I used 915, beading was insane and all the neighbor kids must have wiped the morning dew on the car. So I quit using 915 for a while. It attracts people. :)

6. cu2mike

cu2mike DB Forum Supporter

I laid down 3 coats of Vic's Chaos, 3 coats of Vic's Mayhem, topped it off with 1 coat of Vic's Red, washed my car once a month, and it was still beading after a year, lol

7. Swirlkiller

Swirlkiller Two Bucket System Washer

Chemical Guys 50/50 Concourse Paste Wax

(2 coats of Blacklight for prep)

[​IMG]

8. Swirlkiller

Swirlkiller Two Bucket System Washer

Chemical Guys Pete's 53

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. dankfanatic

dankfanatic DB Forum Supporter

quick shot of glasur
    [​IMG]

10. Stangalang

Stangalang Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Zymol concours and glasur have crazy tight beading. If using a sealant for that mix of beading and sheeting then blackfire wet diamond, power lock or prima epic are pretty damn hard to beat, and if honest all seem pretty similar

11. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

I don't have pictures, but 845 topped with Pete's 53 creates some crazy water beading.

12. extrabolts

extrabolts Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Lot's of LSPs tried out by me - the craziest beading I've seen is - 845, 476, Pete's 53, and AG HD. AG HD beading lasts forever. Pete's 53 beading is very tight. 476 beading is a nice combination of durability and tight.

13. DirtyWeRX

DirtyWeRX DB Forum Supporter

I just tried some 845 for the first time...

[​IMG]

I put 2 coats of 845 on after a day of playing with the new polisher. The picture was taken at night with my cell phone. It was an extremely light rain and only lasted a couple minutes...

It may not be a good picture as in "tons of beading", but still a cool picture from a camera phone

14. Red Orc

Red Orc Birth of a Detailer

I don't have any picture but Meguiars Ultimate Paste Wax has pretty nice beading. The really cool part though is that if I leave with my SUV covered in water beads by the time I get to work the paint's dry again.
    I don't know if it improved the beading or not but I started with Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish & one application of Jeff's Werkstat Prime Strong before I applied the Ultimate Wax

15. JoeyV

The BF Gloss enhancing polish is a GREAT product. I use it with the Wet Diamond Sealant. However, I'm pretty sure the Meguiars you put on top of it had enough strength to remove/dissolve it, much like the 845 does with pretty much anything. Could be wrong though. :p

16. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I have to admit, if it doesn't bead well, I toss it! Some winners:

Collinite 845
    Collinite 476
    Pete's '53
    Swissvax Insignis
    Swissvax Blau Weiss

All excellent!

17. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I bet some of you guys might do the same thing, but I always make sure the bonnet has a fresh layer as when you're driving through the rain, you can see the water nicely gliding over the paint. Very distracting!

18. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

This:thumb:... the beading and sheeting of Bodywrap is just insane I have yet to use an LSP that produces better beading. I'll take some pics of it on my mustang gt soon:) But here is one from a member from DW.

[​IMG]

19. mrd0t

mrd0t Obsessive Detailer

Ok guys, I applied 1 coat of AG HD with 15-20 minute cure time after a one step polish using a green pad and here's the outcome as it decided to rain today.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. JoeyV

^Amazing!