How'd you use Scholl?

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by Carn, Jun 27, 2009.

  1. Carn

    Carn Welcome to Detailing

    So, I decided to give the Scholl concepts samples I got some time ago another bash. Overall I was very impressed with the S17's correction abilities but still wound up leaving hologramming in some small areas. I still need to narrow it down as to what exactly is causing them in some passes and not others.

    JL, Ketil, Ken and anyone else using the Scholl products, care to share some techniques and processes that work for you guys ?
     
  2. flash gordon

    flash gordon Banned

    I always just put a pinch between My cheek and gum...lol >>>:shakehead:
     
  3. JLs Detailing

    JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

    Well I've gotten some minor hologramming when using S17 and an orange pad. When its kind of hit or miss like that I chalk it up to my technique or lack thereof when doing that section. S40 has never had any problem cleaning it up though.
     
  4. krshultz

    krshultz Nuba Guru

    JL gave me some Scholl samples to try. I've got only one thing to offer to this thread: S03+ with a green 3M UK compounding pad is a brilliant combo for heavy correction and deep RIDS leveling.

    "Who needs wool? :giggle:"
     
  5. Asphalt Rocket

    Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

    Wool levels the paint much better than foam so in turn you get a better gloss and depth. There is more to the reason why you use wool than just to remove scratches. That is why there will be a difference in the finish from someone who only uses foam and someone that use wool to correct.
     
  6. krshultz

    krshultz Nuba Guru

    Maybe I'll give it another chance then. Thanks for the info!
     
  7. Bernhard

    Bernhard Birth of a Detailer

    And you can also take Scholl of without refining, when I use orange Scholl foam pad and Scholl S30+ I can take it off the paint at 2000rpm without holograms..
     

Share This Page