Have you ever noticed this?

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by kenny1775, Oct 8, 2008.

1. gregk

gregk Virgin Detailer

Keep telling yourself that YOUR suv is okay, then one day you will believe it!:devil:

Please don't mock my "dirty" work car that has been jewelled and captured on camera, but I will not release those photos!

2. kenny1775

kenny1775 Jedi Nuba

Not going to release the photos, eh???

Ok then, let the taunting begin... Q: How many clowns can you fit in a Mini?

A: Clowns??? You can't even fit this punchline in one of those things..

[​IMG]

3. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Yep, we were talking about this.. I mainly notice it after perfecting the finish.. Almost like micro pores

4. kenny1775

kenny1775 Jedi Nuba

Freaky looking stuff, eh?

5. Dream Machines

Dream Machines Jedi Nuba

We love those lights. we have twenty of them in the roof of the workshop, across 10,000 square feet

What I think you mean is that when doing strong correction with wool or foam, you see little tiny bubbles of primer showing up or coloured bubbles

6. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Have you tried a wipe-down after polishing

It could also be silicon residue. During polishing, the silicon mixes with the excess paint that is being removed from the surface and then re-deposited

7. kenny1775

kenny1775 Jedi Nuba

TBH on the two cars in question I didn't do a solvent wipe-down after finishing, just a clean microfiber cloth.... Maybe I'll give this a try today (just in case). Thanks :thumb:

8. kenny1775

kenny1775 Jedi Nuba

Update: I tried to do a solvent wipedown on the Accord just now, but the car had gotten dusty from being outside the past 2 nights... so I did a quick rinse and dry just to clean it up, and the freakin' ultra soft Honda paint got freakin' swirly again from the microfiber wipedown :complain:

On the plus side, I did notice a reduction in those microdots.. parhaps the silicone is partially responsible :shead:

9. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

A mild Chemical process. Use Hi-Temp's Prep Wash to prepare a paint surface for polishing, compounding, wax and / or polymer sealant application (especially if changing from a wax to a polymer product) this is a water-based paint cleaner designed to remove all traces of silicone, oil, and buffing residue from any exterior paint surface, residue from polishing products accumulate in crevices, around handles, wiper arms, on trim, luggage racks, and aerodynamics. Hi-Temp's Prep Wash flows into these hard-to-reach areas and dissolves the build-up. Prep Wash can be used to cleanse the finish before painting, and you can use it after buffing or levelling applications. It prepares the surface for the proper bonding of waxes, glazes and paint sealants. If this is not done properly, applied products may not bond, which will cause heavy streaking. It may be diluted, but is always used sparingly at any strength. Mist a cloth or sponge and wipe over the surface. Wipe dry with a clean towel. Hi-Temp's Prep Wash - Top of the Line Auto Detailing Supplies.

Alternative product - DuPont's PrepSol, Acrysol Silicone Remover

PO 85 RD 3.01 Super Intensive Polish (F) black or dark coloured paint surfaces, and 'soft' paint - 1200 RPM -White primary (softer less dense foam (70 PPI) with a light abrasive cutting action ) LC CCS foam pad followed by a secondary Blue finishing (very soft 100 PPI) LC CCS foam pad - 1100 RPM

See article “Polishing – Menzerna Polish” in DetailingWiki a series of informative, unbiased articles dedicated to automotive detailing.

10. kenny1775

kenny1775 Jedi Nuba

Togwt, you are a fantastic resource for this forum Sir... many thanks :thumb: