Hammered Acura RSX. 50/50 heavy

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by NorthEastAutoSalon, Jun 11, 2012.

1. NorthEastAutoSalon

NorthEastAutoSalon Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Thank you. I did, keeps the dusting down a bit with the M105 and helps with a little more work time before the M105 starts to dry out.

2. artemis53

artemis53 Jedi Nuba

Looks GREAT, just curious...with a regular compound like m105, is there any concern of optical distortion, etc? What is the main difference between that and "real" glass polishes, just levels of oil or something?

And after, did you simply do an IPA wipe, or was there another step to this?
    Any reason to follow up with a lighter-duty pass after? would it make a difference on glass?

Thanks!

3. NorthEastAutoSalon

I've never seen a difference in clearity. I mean it takes a lot to scratch glass and never seen any problems with compound/polishing glass with normal paint products. I used low speeds 900rpm and it removes the water spots with little to no effort. Then I follow it up with 70% ipa. The seal.

Glass specific polishes are usually used when the glass is scorned or scratched.

4. Atherton213

Atherton213 Two Bucket System Washer

came out really good....

maybe its a vw thing... but that car would look way better with some wheel spacers to get more flush look :headbang:

5. NorthEastAutoSalon

Yes definitely need more lower off set/spacers.

6. ACE2790

ACE2790 Jedi Nuba

Excellent work indeed.

7. React

React Birth of a Detailer

Sick 50/50's sir. :applause:

8. cnut

cnut DB Forum Supporter

Nice work!