Got a Cyclo

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by JLs Detailing, Dec 7, 2008.

  1. JLs Detailing

    JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

    Well I was surfing around on Ebay for detailing stuff like I periodically do and happen to come across this Cyclo Polisher. The guy didn't know what he had because he had it listed as a Vintage Craftsman Polisher. His starting bid was $9.99 and when there was only 2 days left he had no bids so I shot him an email and asked if he would put a buy it now price of $25 on it and I would buy it. Well sure enough he took me up on it and I bought it.

    I knew it was older but he said it worked. Well it was dirty and the electrical cord is a disaster and will have to be replaced, but I knew these things are built to last and go forever. I didn't really need it but to get a machine like this for just $25:yikes: I just couldn't pass it up.

    I plan on using this thing for AIOs and light cleaning/correction work. I figure it will save some wear and tear on my Metabo and although the Harbor Freight rotary I have does the job it is still just a cheap rotary and you can tell when using it.

    Well it came yesterday and I set out to "detail" it to make it look better. It works like a champ so I broke out the Majestic Solutions Super Green Stuff, some brushes, MFs, and some Autosol Metal Polish and set out to make it look presentable again. I also bought two new boots for it with the velcro hook and loop for attaching pads to it. So all in all with the Cyclo, shipping and the new boots I have about $50 invested. Not to bad of a find by accident I don't guess. Here are some before and after pics. As you can see in the afters I took some foam pipe insulation and wrapped around the handles and taped them in place to give it some cushion.

    Before:

    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

    Afters:

    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
     
  2. Dust2Glory

    Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

    wow, that thing is older than dirt!! HAHAHAHAHA

    nice find, I wonder how old that cyclo is excatly
     
  3. Smith2287

    Smith2287 Welcome to Detailing

    Great find JL, and also great clean up as well!!!
     
  4. razr007

    razr007 Banned

    I think your detailing machine needs a detail lol they are good machine for light work good luck.
     
  5. Cooter

    Cooter Guest

    Dont let Cyclo see that!! They might wanna buy it back from you hehehe j/k!! I've always read they would last forever too!
     
  6. yukonon22

    yukonon22 Wax on..Wax off

    thats a steal nice find
     
  7. Nica

    Nica Banned

    Cool, not only did you get it at a great price but you sure made it look sweet :thumb:

    Cyclos are built to last, I don't use mine much but just by it's casing it shows how tough it is. I'm sure you'll put it to good use :thumb:
     
  8. Buddy

    Buddy Getting to know Detailing

    Yes, A great find and a great deal. Timming really is everything. Way to go...:thumb:
     
  9. P1et

    P1et Official DB Moderator

    Awesome find sir, that's a CLASSIC!!! I would get the serial number off of it, call Cyclo and see in what year it was made!
     
  10. Denzil

    Denzil Guest

    Great treasure find JL!
     

Share This Page