I was browsing through some past articles on Auto Laundry News Magazine and came across this one. Glass cleaning seems to be one of the hardest, most hated parts of detailing (at least for some of us). I think it's a good read so I thought I'd post it for others here. Having used surgical towels at a local detail shop that I helped at for about 6 weeks, I agree with his comments about surgical towels. They are fantastic for glass cleaning. Doing a Google search, here's just one retailer I found to buy from: Cotton Wiping Cloths, Blue Huck Surgical Towels, Surgical Hand Towels, Lint Free Cotton Happy glass cleaning!
Excellent article and great read. Thanks for posting that and count me in with you as one that hates to do glass. I am going to get me some of those surgical towels and give them a go with my WW MFs.
I know far to much about glass cleaning now. Holy crap...Thank you for sharing. That was nice of you...:thumb:
Haven't heard from you in awhile. Are you keeping busy in your part of the state? :shrug: Thanks for sharing that info with us! :thumb: :applause: Looks like I need to buy more towels.
Yeah, I've been kinda MIA lately. A lot of unfortunate things have been going on in my life. About 3 weeks after I moved into the shop that I found, my dad passed away. A week or two after that, I found out that I didn't have a shop anymore. I had moved in early and the guy that was supposed to buy the building backed out at the last minute, leaving me high and dry. It wouldn't have been so bad but I had just sold my detailing trailer. Stuck between a rock and a hard place, I've spent the last two months dealing with the loss of my dad, helping my mom move, and looking for a new place to run my business out of. Fortunately, I've recently found something just a couple minutes from my house. I hope to move into it sometime in January. Although, I recently found out I've gotta have another back surgery (4th in 10 yrs.) which will probably be sometime in January or February. So, these last few months of this year have not been very good. The only bright spot is this new (to me) building that has come along. I'm looking forward to a much better 2009. Sorry to bring this thread down! Anyway, how's business been for you? Has the economy had an effect on it at all? -Mike
Man...I am sorry to hear about your Dad. :sorry: I understand what you're going through. That is an extremely difficult thing to deal with. I saw your web site was down and noticed it look like you were making some changes to your business. Hate it that you had that mess to handle as well. Now more surgery for you, dude, that is rough! Things are going well over here. I still have vehicles scheduled 1 month out, down from 2 months this late summer & fall. Remember, that is mostly weekends only for me. Only quickies on a work night. People seem to be taking better care of their rides, finally. I hope everything starts to turn around for you soon! Keep in touch. Take care, Dave
Thanks, I appreciate it. As they say, what doesn't kill ya makes ya stronger. If I can get through this, I think I'll be pretty damn strong! We took the website down when I moved into the first shop because it had all the mobile stuff on there. Now that I've not generated any business income for the last few months, the website may look like it currently does for a while. A good website isn't cheap Glad to her biz is still going good for ya. If you're that booked in winter, you're doing good! Hopefully, by spring/summer I'll have things up and running good at the shop. Maybe I'll have to have a little meet for the local detailers that I've met through the boards. Do some some product/tool testing, exchange samples/tips, cook a few burgers, etc.
mShu7, Thanks for the article! It was very imformative! So sorry to hear about the loss of your father, back issues and business issues!!! I know this is a difficult time on you and your family! Best Wishes is 2009!
thanks for the read... my MIL works in a hospital and can get those rags all the time... I'm gonna hit her up!!
Eish mShu7, sounds like you need a break. If you need to I can possibly help you with your site, I am no expert but have done a few sites, etc and always willing to lend a hand to a fellow DB'er
Thanks Carn, appreciate the offer. I've got a web guy. My wife and I just need to come up with new ideas for him to turn into a site. Thanks again!