Gloss-it Gloss Enhancer Detail Spray

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Danny, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

PMed not sure if you have a site I can check out?

2. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Does anybody else prefer Prima Slick over Gloss it Gloss Enhancer? Or any other detail spray over Gloss Enhancer?

3. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

id say the difference between the two is negligible. i have both and cant really see much of a difference.

4. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Thank you Billy, would you suggest then that I should just get Prima Slick? Or do you have another detail spray that you prefer over both slick and gloss enhancer?

5. billyblooshoes

honestly, id probably get a bottle of slick if i were you just because of the price compared to glossit. im not even sure what gloss it costs, but slick is like 10 bucks i think. but then again glossit comes in a 22oz bottle compared to slicks 16. i dont really use QD's that much, so if im using one, im basically choosing at random. if im using it as a final wipedown after LSP application, ill prob use glossit. if its as a drying aid or as a QD after a wash, ill use FK425 or slick.

6. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

I was looking to order a gallon and slick is $60 and gloss it is $90 a gallon

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk

7. M3ride.

M3ride. Wax on..Wax off

Definitely get Slick. You can easily use it as a final wipe down after LSP app. It's my favorite QD, it will easily give you some extra beading. I use it in conjunction with Hydro. Both awesome products.

8. billyblooshoes

90 for a gallon of glossit? thats insanity.

9. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

It is pricey, but what do you save when buying in a gallon?

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

10. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

You can get 2 gallons of FK425 for that...

11. imaj

imaj Any Rag Vehicle Washer

My favorite too.

[​IMG]

12. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Thank man I think thats what I am going to do:)

Yeah it is that why I made this thread since i would be purchasing by the gallon. But I can get it for $75 + shipping from detail addiction.

Gloss Enhancer 1 gallon

Is this your favorite quick detailer? And if it is why, thanks?

Can you let me know why its your favorite I am trying to decide what to oder and this will help me decide:)

13. imaj

imaj Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Danny...My main reason for using FK425 is it's great antistatic abilities. I have the Gloss-it Enhancer as well. It is a great product too. But I feel that Enhancer can hold up to 425 in every area except antistatic, that is where 425 wins! Since I have a blk car...I want the antistatic properties first and foremost.

If others say they have problems with 425 streaking, I wonder what they are using to apply it with. I bet the applicator has a lot to do with it.

Best of luck on your decision.

14. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

By the way your post is written its a little confusing if 425 has better anti static abilities or gloss enhancer does?

15. junebug

junebug Jedi Nuba

Majestic Solutions Spray Shine is $16.95 a gallon and I personally compared it to the FK425- I liked Spray Shine better.

16. dogma

dogma DB Forum Supporter

Another vote for Prima slick and Hydro

17. christian900se

christian900se Obsessive Detailer

I have been using Gloss It Gloss Enhancer QD for 3 years now and it is easily the easiest QD I have ever used. It is extremely easy to use in all conditions: unaffected by humidity and temperature, is able to be used in the sun, and is very forgiving to over application. In terms of look, I cannot tell a single difference between my top 3 (FK425/V7/Gloss-It) however that is a compliment as they are all great. I also use it on the interior when wiping down plastics and screens as it leaves a semi-dressed look and never streaks.

It is expensive now, I remember paying $22 for 3 bottles when they first released it haha. Anyways, I recommend it as you won't find an easier QD out there in my experience.

18. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Thanks for your post man. Does it work good on maintaining the look of cquartz?

19. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

I can't justify the price of the Gloss It QD, especially since the gallon sizing (which was released fairly recently) offers virtually no cost savings, but I really like it. Never tried FK425 but the GI QD is really easy to use and leaves a nice shine behind. Mr. Gloss told me that the product can be diluted 1:1 with distilled water but it will affect the durability of the polymer so I haven't tried that.

If purchasing from their store, I believe you can use coupon code JEEP and get 10% off. Once in a while (usually towards the end of the year) they have like 15-20% off but don't hold your breath as sales are few and very far between.

20. christian900se

christian900se Obsessive Detailer

It looks great, but it does fall down in terms of beading and sheeting. Over time, it lessens the beading and it sheets more slowly but is not bad by any stretch. It also has very good cleaning ability, I don't think it is worth the price though compared to other mainstay QDs such as OID, FK425, DG AW, or CG V7 in my opinion.

That said, it can also be used on all interior surfaces and does leave a great look on plastic and rubber.