Exactly why i change my own oil and filter

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by anbuzero, Mar 23, 2010.

  1. Chris@Optimum

    Chris@Optimum DB Certified Manufacturer

    My family businesses are quick lubes. All locations are very well trained and closely supervised. We've taken extensive measures to insure cars are serviced correctly. I hate the idea of the a$$holes making the whole industry look bad. I worked for my parents for 18 years in the lube centers before I started detailing for myself. I had tons of scars and burns from getting to the tight jobs, but the customer always got more than they paid for. We actually have signs with our motto at all locations: "The surest way to deem yourself to mediocrity, is to perform only the work for which you are paid." If any of you guys come to middle TN and need a service center you can trust, just let me know.

    Chris
     
  2. evolutionwc3

    evolutionwc3 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

    What's everyone doing with the used oil? I don't mind performing routine maintenance, like changing the oil, but I don't want tubs of old oil lying around
     
  3. Misha

    Misha Nuba Guru

    advance auto part will take it for free, they have tank in back in the store and you come in and put used oil in there
     
  4. Misha

    Misha Nuba Guru


    i only have honda accord v6. right now his projects are turbo ~4L built v6 for about 750HP tune for dyno and about 500 for street tune, and pretty sure he already completed adapting M90 supercharger for J series v6 running at 13 psi (comptech for J series is m62 supercharger with about 7-8psi on high boost as far as i know).
     
  5. richy

    richy Guest

    In Ontario it goes out with the recycling. You just have to label it accordingly.
     
  6. getcha

    getcha Jedi Nuba

    I usually go through 5 quarts of oil each change. I usually just take the old oil from the pan and decant it right back into the jug right. After I bag it in a plastic bag I bring it to a local mechanic shop who is able to recycle it for me, no charge.
     
  7. P1et

    P1et Official DB Moderator

    I always keep some old motor oil on hand to put on the blades of my lawnmower.
     
  8. kidashley25

    kidashley25 Virgin Detailer

    nah.... I wouldn't bring my car on that shop. just to make a money they would have to lie. I'd rather go to shop that's honest to there client.

    ___________
    kidash - car parts
     

Share This Page