cquartz

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by mobilejay, Nov 2, 2010.

1. mobilejay

mobilejay Birth of a Detailer

I wash with 1Z Perls all the time, that has polymers in it. Should I not wash with that anymore once I apply this stuff?

2. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

here is only video i can probably post. other once i did i realized i had business shirt in them
    [​IMG]

3. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

D964 is saying to not wash/clean the car with ONR or a wax shampoo because they both leave a coating behind to provide their own water beading and light protection, which would negate the CQuartz's water beading and dirt-repelling properties.

Unfortunately, it's kind of hard to avoid that because even shampoos that claim not to be wax-shampoos often leave some light coating behind.

Perhaps CQuartz could come out with their own car wash shampoo which refreshes the CQuartz's application, kind of like the Nanolex Reactivating Shampoo. :applause2:

4. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

True they have their own sheep skin wash mitt. I would think they would have their own maintenance wash. But I am sure you can use Lusso Autobathe without affecting the look of it at all. I think even Richy used MS UG on it with great results and that has glossing polymers in it.

5. christian900se

christian900se Obsessive Detailer

The polymer than ONR leaves behind would probably be removed by the solvents in Reload if applied after, I wish there was a polymer free rinseless wash solution.

6. richy

richy Guest

Christian, did you observe any adverse affects to the surface after ONR? I did not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. d964

d964 Two Bucket System Washer

the smell issue has been taken care of, from next orders it will smell much less !!:thumb:

8. d964

yes there is!! , there is now launching the new ironX soap gel , this is a car cleaner and iron remover at same time ! no polymers inside , no any coating, just pure pH neutral cleaner. see in UK forum small test review

as written above , new ironX soap gel will serve this wash maintenance.

new Reload is mostly water, no effective solvent in it!! it wont remove any polymers , only will coat above it maybe, the new soapgel is only a cleaner , no polymers in it. you dont dilute it with water, only car rinse>> rubbing all over with wet sponge the SG>> power wash rinse again.finished.

9. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

I have seen that soap and read the review. But I didnt think it would be safe to use on it after you already coated the vehicle with Cquartz. I am also guessing application is somewhat as follows.

1. Rinse the vehicle off thoroughly
    2. Spraying IronX soap gel on your wet wash mitt or sponge
    3. Wash a section
    4. Rinse off section that was washed
    5. Have a rinse Bucket with a grit guard to rinse out mitt after the section wash.
    6. Have a s second Bucket to with a grit guard to pick up fresh water on the mitt or sponge
    7. Re-Spraying IronX soap gel on your wet wash mitt or sponge
    8. Continue the process

I havent placed my order for Cquartz yet but I am trying to keep up with this thread so when I do place my order I will know how to apply it and how to keep it maintained.

10. d964

ironX soap gel is pH neutral !! it wont remove cquartz for 100% sure !! , IPA cant remove cquartz, only mechanical abrasion can remove the cquartz.
    IXSG is very easy, almost same as you wash normaly your car:
    rinse well to remove dust and dirt.
    pour some drops on wet sponge, dont dilute with water. its not shampoo.
    rub all over the car , it will foam on the surface and change color were it comes in contact with irons.
    power wash with water the car.. wipe off ..dry,.. finished.

11. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Sounds good I guess I will be adding IronX Soap Gel to my Cquartz order. I guess my washing method would be correct since its the same way you mentioned. I just added the buckets with grit guard to clean the sponge or mitt and then to pick up fresh water to start again:) Also when will the new batches of Cquartz be ready? I am hoping to place my order in the beginning of 2011.

12. d964

Dear Danny
    its not exactly the same as normal wash since you dont diluted it with water,
    you can squeeze of course the sponge or wash mitt and rinse it, but not diluting the SG !! must not dilute it , average consumption per car is 20ml.
    the less smell cquartz is already selling.
    :thumb:

13. richy

richy Guest

See, there's a method to my madness. Smoke a cigar while you're doing it and you don't notice any odour at all!

14. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

I found that using 70% IPA straight works pretty well at removing both Menz and Megs oils. I think its the percentage you can buy from stores. Anyway, 5 hits later, the surface is clean as can be. Of course, 5 hits is overkill but I want to do this right the first time lol. Just have to finish the driver side doors and then 5 hits of IPA before applying the coating

15. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Ok thanks for your help Avi. I just need to wait out the holidays then my order will be placed :)

16. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

Used slightly more than one bottle on my 2010 Camry. Didn't even have a chance to coat the windows either. Oh well. All paint surfaces are covered though, including all the jams

17. richy

richy Guest

What media did you use to apply it? I've found the makeup pads absorb the least.

18. mobilejay

mobilejay Birth of a Detailer

Finally tested a small panel( the lip of the back bumper). I washed with dawn and 1z apc, then applied ironx and then clayed. Once I washed the rest of the car and dried it I applied the cquartz to the area. Waited about 10-15 min and removed. Came off very easy, no haze or any problems. One thing is that it is not slick at all. Feels like nothing is there. Applied to windshield as well. Any suggestions on why it is not slick?

19. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

its not slick for a reason, coating has very small mountains like Avi explained and this what creates Lotus effect, if it was smooth there would be more area of contact with water and water would stick, thats my explanation of it, Avi might have some more indepth info, but yeah i noticed it on my car as well

20. richy

richy Guest

You will find it gets slick after some cure time. I find the CQ to be more slick than the OC. Using the reload on the surface definitely makes it feel slick as well.