cquartz

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by mobilejay, Nov 2, 2010.

1. d964

d964 Two Bucket System Washer

Misha

this is for sure NOT should react like that,
    it seems all gone..
    please inform me how you polished the panel, which polish compound, how did you clean it after,how did you applied, all details..
    please look over the user guide in the website and follow there the way to use,
    it seems maybe you wiped off too soon. or applied very thin layer of coat.

i will try to help you as much as i can to have the best results.

another thing could be is if you took these videos while dirt and grim were still attached to the flat surface, did you shampoo the surface before the last videos?

2. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

WTF is wrong with it?

3. richy

richy Guest

Misha, Here is a video of CQ application. I haven't used the criss cross method yet although I did go back over the area about 3 times to ensure complete and thorough coverage. Don't work too large of an area. It will go quick enough. When it's colder, it will need more time to dry so after you've done a small area, go on to the next and go back and remove once it's time. Hope that helps. It's never been anything but dead easy for me to use. Especially compared to AQ.

YouTube - C.Quartz Application

4. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

I was about to post that video Richy but you beat me; so you guys could see what Avi means by the criss cross application by applying it horizontally then vertically. d964 is Avi correct?

5. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

gona polish it again to take coating off and do proper prep with citrus wash and TAW to make sure i did everything right

6. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

Misha, do 2-3 hits of IPA to prep the roof after washing. TAW will leave it's own protection behind and Citrus Wash does not guarantee a clean surface.

7. richy

richy Guest

It's already been posted on this thread but Avi suggests IPA/Dawn (or an equivalent high ph soap) at a 90/10 ratio. I will be using IPA/Krud Kutter for mine. KK has a ph of 12.2

8. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

well i want to polish area again to remove product completely so it it had faulty "base" it will be removed,

which soaps would you recommend? i have TAW, Chemical guys citrus was, citrus wash clear, maxisuds, Zep citrus, ONR, sonus, DG901

9. d964

Misha,
    you know... we search for simplicity in life... just mix 90% pure IPA + 10% Fairy or DAWN dish wash soap, any high active material soap .. thats it... ONR and others use coating materials in them...
    and wipe off the haze once you see it, let it cure on surface...wipe off gently, no scrubbing:thumb:..

10. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

ok here is what i did today.
    washed the car with dawn and citrus wash mix, polished the roof and fender that already been wetsanded with menzerna 106. eneded up washing roof 3 different times with dawn again before applying cquartz. applied it, let it sit for half hour and wiped off excess, waited maybe 15 more min and wiped the rest off. car was under gas heater for about an hour and then sat inside for about 4-5 hours with temps no less then 60F(about 18 C)

in video i said i will remove cquartz from sunroof but i didnt, decided to leave it on and not to spend more product on roof, after todays application i have half a bottle left
    [​IMG]

application, tell me if im doing something wrong, application went easier this time by using more product
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    now i remember that i forgot to remove it from mirror. yes at end you can see that i screwed up and some windshield washer fluid got on roof, but coating been on it for about 5-10 min so hope it didnt do much damage, i did wiped it off carefully without removing coating that was on it and reaplied coating to one side of the roof, im not having good luck with this so at this point im done with roof

i think im done practicing so i will apply it to panels as they are wetsanded, might need to redo the fender, seen some scratches after applying product even though i did polish it with 106 prior to application, or ill just leave it on for winter to see durability, still want to apply to glass

11. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

In the last video your like F my life I could only feel your pain. Did the wiper fluid affect the coating man?

12. d964

Misha,
    im sorry to tell you but the water spray at the end of video is not good at all, coating wasnt cure yet, surface coated must not touch water until wipe off. and at least 1 hour after

did you see haze when you wiped off?
    the application look ok, you can change cotton pads between panels if they show sign of dirt on them.

13. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

i didnt wipe off coating, it was pretty much spread around without wiping it off. we gona see how it turns out but i am not doing roof again

14. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

condensation on roof this morning. not sure what up with that wierd spot near sunroof
    [​IMG]

15. irontree

irontree Two Bucket System Washer

Is there any problems using ONR to wash the car after using cquartz?

16. richy

richy Guest

No, that is my preferred way of doing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. d964

Sorry to oppose Richy answer , but i think it will affect the water repellent effect, ONR has some kind of polymers coating in it , while you washing, it cover the surface washed, i dont want to say silicone or Teflon , because im not sure of there components , but for sure they have coating components inside.
    you dont need special shampoo for washing after cquartz, regular car shampoo will be enough.

18. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

LOL, I can't believe you hit the windshield washers in the middle of application!

What's with that stupid mask on your mouth?

19. richy

richy Guest

Yes, ONR has some polymers in it. Personally, I do not find it to make a difference. ONR washes are so beneficial for time, especially in the winter when you can't wash outside. All I can suggest is try it for yourself. You can't hurt anything with it. Maybe regular washing is better, but if you can't do that, I'd rather do ONR than nothing, I'll tell you that.

20. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

its not something you want to smell so thats what mask is for :)