cquartz

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by mobilejay, Nov 2, 2010.

1. kyoshiro

kyoshiro DB Forum Supporter

2. advs1

advs1 DB Forum Supporter

3. irontree

irontree Two Bucket System Washer

I'm glad I got mine when I did then.
    Thumbs up to Mike @ Auto Aesthetica

4. kyoshiro

You could try and order some aquartz instead for now. They'll last for sure until cquartz is available or even a lot longer.

Troy @ autoobssesed carry aquartz as I ordered a bottle from him recently.
    Exterior Car Care - AQuartz - - AQuartz Paint & Glass Coating

5. advs1

advs1 DB Forum Supporter

Well my customer saw the YouTube videos and wants Cquartz.

6. kyoshiro

ah well technically aquartz is the same formula just that cquartz is re-enhanced =p
    still the same nano ceramic coating, prob ask richy if theres really any difference, he has both on his FX.

7. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

The difference is in application. Aquartz is a pita to apply.

8. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

They are different, Cq has great beading where as aq has no beading or sheeting really.

Tall direct to Avi or places in the UK liake polished bliss that have it.
    Express/overnight will be mad experiensive. Maybe Richy can sell some.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

9. kyoshiro

I could let go of mine from the gb if you really need but I'm a Canuck and shipping back to the us maybe quite expensive especially if I get taxed. Richy is also up here in Canada

10. advs1

advs1 DB Forum Supporter

Thanks guys for the offers to sell your stock. I spoke to both mike and avi and it seems as I'll need at least 60ml to do a complete job on the Yukon. I might have to wait until I can order it from either mike or avi. I just hate to wait and spend hours doing truck twice. Once for the correction and again for the application of cquartz.

11. richguy66

richguy66 DB Forum Supporter

Pm'ed ya neighbor

12. mobilejay

mobilejay Birth of a Detailer

I have a question and I hope I don't start pissing people of with this. Is Iron X the same thing as Sonax wheel cleaner? People are saying it smells like a salon which is what Sonax smells like. Also it turns the red like Sonax when coming in contact with iron. I may be very wrong, just something I noticed while reading about it and using Sonax.

13. ltebow34

ltebow34 Birth of a Detailer

They both smell lol . IronX is paint decon that can be used on wheels, does same as Sonax. But sonax is wheel cleaner that cannot be use on paint because of other chemicals that would stain unintentional. IronX rinse VERY fast too, sonax not so much. I can use ONR to rinse IronX very easy.

If you looking to save money and decon paint but must insist on wheels too go IronX. Liter size is good value especially if using on wheel and paint. I learn after buying a couple tire cleaners, not to judge product base on smell.

14. ltebow34

ltebow34 Birth of a Detailer

What does is salon smell like?

15. mobilejay

Oh ok that makes sense then. Thanks for that. As far as what a salon smells like...I don't know but everyone said Sonax wheel cleaner smells like that so I'm guessing a salon smells like shit. LOL

16. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

The smell is similar to ammonium thioglycolate (its main chemical component) also used in the formulation of permanent wave lotion.
    Salon smell = hairdressing salon?

17. flatstick

flatstick Birth of a Detailer

Well I got to try out the Cquartz a couple of days ago and must say it did not go like I thought it would LOL! first I had some streaking issues with the IPA/ Dawn wipedown. followed up the first wipedown with another IPA wipe down. went to the CQuartz and application seemed easy. let the product on the paint for 3 hrs ( temps were 60 and sunny ) when I was done there were streaks in the finish. thinking that the application in direct sun might be the cause and the side without the sun did not seem to have the streaking. I did the hood and two front fenders of my SUV. my wife had the truck yesterday and today so I want to examine the finish in the sun ( was in the shade when I finished removing product) to see if the other one fender really has streaks also. the other thing I think might be a problem was the applicator that came with the product. maybe a bigger round applicator might spread the product more evenly. maybe the product went on a little heavier because of the small area used to apply it as you are using two fingers o apply it. have used the klasse twins and JW sealants and Zaino and achieve a streak free finish so this was unexpected. open to opinions from those who have used this to see your thoughts. maybe the product is not meant to be applied in direct sun.

18. mobilejay

Maybe it was just like you said, cause you were in direct sun. On the little instructions paper that came with mine it says no direct sun.

19. flatstick

flatstick Birth of a Detailer

That is what I was thinking . did not recall getting an instruction sheet as I would have seen that warning that you mentioned. thanks for letting me know about that. depending on the weather I may just have to leave it alone until Spring , when l I can remove it and reapply. really want to see the paint in the full sun as the finish looked very wet and glossy as the sun was going down the other day.

20. d964

d964 Two Bucket System Washer

Hi
    must not work under direct sunshine!, the UV rays accelerate the cure , please read the full instructions in the user guide page over the cquartz site.
    ipa+soap need to power wash rinse after of course, this is pre coat cleaning step..
    did you wipe off gently the haze... no real hard buffing...