cquartz

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by mobilejay, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

There was no humidity man sorry for the confusion. I also did not get any sealant holograms it seems like it cure fine, I just ran out of product. I uses the 90/10 ipa / dawn because my clear is very hard so I was not left with any hazy areas.

Avi any input on my post its #216. I would like to hear what you think happened, any input would be appreciated .

2. d964

d964 Two Bucket System Washer

what are you talking about? what is post 216?

3. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

The post count is located on the top right hand corner of each post in white like this one is #223 but nevermind that. Here is the post I am taking about I wrote it yesterday.

I corrected my mustang gt again yesterday in preparation for Cquartz with M205 on a Hydrotech Tangerine and then followed it up with 85RD on a LC Blue. I cleaned the surface prior to applying Cquartz with IPA and Dawn at 90/10. The problem I had is that I ran out of Cquartz:shakehead: It was around 75 F (no humidity) in my garage when I applied it today. I ended up being able to apply it to my hood, both fenders, front bumper, both doors, trunk lid, c- pillars, door glass moldings. This is where I ran out of product. I placed another order with Phil for another 30ml's. I plan to apply it to the rest of the mustang once it comes in which is both quarter panels, rear bumper, sills, rear spoiler, taillights , headlights, wiper cowl, side mirrors, glass moldings, wheels and glass. I am a little disappointed that I ran out and have to wait until the second 30ml's comes in this week. I though 30 ml was enough for the entire vehicle; it was far from it (at least for me).

I applied Cquartz with the 5 supplied make up pads, but the product would flash on the surface almost instantly, so I had add more drops to make it spread further and ensure I had even coverage. I guess this happened to me because it so dry here in El Paso.:confused:

4. d964

Hi Danny
    i think you just used too much from it , thats all,
    if it was dry day without humidity cquartz will cure faster.. no need to go over after first applying session , less is more , you dont need to soak the cotton pads, i will advise you next time to use the applicators and suede's mf we supply in the kit packs.
    normally 20~25ml should be enough.
    another option for the future.. we made now 50ml bottles for big SUV or for customers who want two cars coating.

5. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

my cquartz arrived today, will give it a go either this weekend or i might wait till easter holiday break and do the whole car

avi can i do one full size car like my GTR with the one suede cloth?

how long till the product starts to harden/cure on the cloth

also, can i apply over clear bra?

6. d964

7. richy

richy Guest

Avi, that's great to hear about the bigger bottles. None of my kits ever came with the applicator or suede so I have to use the makeup pads. :(

8. IID

IID DB Forum Supporter

That's a lil odd Richy.I have purchased (3) 30ml of CQ to date and they ALL came with the blue suede mf's?

9. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Avi how much is the 50ml going for and is Phil going to carry it or can I order directly from you? Also what are the small suede towels for, are they for applying Cquartz or to remove it? If for applying how do you use them, do I fold up the towel and apply Cquartz directly to the suede towel then use that to apply it to the vehicle? And the applicator sponge seems a bit rough and hard to use to go over curved surfaces. On the applicator sponge would I just apply a few drops of Cquartz to the foam then spread it on the paint I am guessing. I just want to make sure I get this down better this time around since my other 30ml bottle is coming in on friday.

Richy did you have the problem I did? Meaning that you ran out of product 1/2 or 3/4 of the way on the vehicle, because I too used the supplied make up pads that Phil gives in the Cquartz bag.

10. richy

richy Guest

Danny, don't forget I've had my bottles for a while. The included items have changed. In fact, I find using the makeup pads that I can make it last a long time. Check out the application video on you tube showing the guy using the makeup pads. It's as simple as that.

11. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Thats the method i followed was from that video but mine would not spead any where near as far in the paint as on the video. Also the make up pads are what I used man. I think Im just having problems because of the climate here:(

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk

12. christian900se

christian900se Obsessive Detailer

That is exactly what I find as well, I feel like I am applying much more product to the applicator than the videos depict. However, I have half a bottle left and I have covered 80% of my 370z so I feel like I must not be using as much as I think. Cquartz is much easier to remove if you use a bit more than you think you should too.

13. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Well I finally finished applying Cquartz to my Mustang Gt since I received my other 30ml today. I did notice that since I had my Covercraft Refectect car cover on it the panels that were not treated had marring and scratches from the car cover rubbing against the paint with the wind. I had to correct both quarter panels and rear bumper again before applying Cquartz. I hope the scratch resistant properties help prevent further scratches and marrs from happening. I wonder if I apply a second coat to the problematic areas if it will prevent this from reoccurring? Should I call and complain to Covercraft because they state the fabric will not scratch the vehicle paint. I just recently had them custom make me the cover it cost me $200 and have only had it for a week.

14. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Some pics I took yesterday on how it came out after applying Cquartz two days ago.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. richy

richy Guest

That looks great Danny!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Thanks Richy:)

17. domino

That car cover will actually prove to be a great test for cquartz's scratch resistance

18. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Yeah I just washed the cover but since the the mustang has been outside collecting pollen and I cant wash it because the 7 days have not past. I will have to wait up on it again. All I know is I will be pissed if it scratches it up after I wash it and re cover it. Not sure if using something like 85rd and a blue finishing pad pad will remove cquartz in case I do get marring on the panels?

Some thing I did want to add is Cquartz looks great on black textured trim, it gives back the original look.

i.e. wiper cowl, side mirrors, mach 1 lip, mach 1 grill delete, door to window moldings, etc.

19. billy

billy Obsessive Detailer

Looks very nice Danny!

20. domino

crap another wet weekend and another missed opportunity to start applying the cquartz

how long do I have to let it cure before driving in the rain?