BMW tightens up the M6 with new Competition Packag

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by 666666, Jul 30, 2008.

  1. 666666

    666666 Banned

    [​IMG]

    The BMW 6-Series is a lot of car, and while the 5.0-liter V10 in the M6 does a remarkable job of moving it around, critics have said it could use some help. Reports now indicate that the M division is giving it some help in the form of a new Competition Package.

    The pseudo-CSL gets a new active suspension and a ride height lowered by 12mm up front and 10mm in the back, along with new wheels and a new front hood to set it apart from the standard model. With or without the Competition Package, however, the entire M6 range (coupe and convertible) gets new side mirrors, a new electronics package controlled by the revised iDrive system and a new shade of black for the exterior. While we're not sure the new option pack would prompt us to take the M6 Competition Package racing as its name suggests, it does make the big sports-coupe that much more tempting.

    :mounty:
     
  2. 666666

    666666 Banned

  3. sal329

    sal329 Nuba Guru

    I will liek to see the new model with a twin turbo V8. The 6 series is my fav BMW, maybe another 8 yrs workin for BMW I can get one.
     
  4. supercharged

    supercharged DB Forum Supporter

    do you drive one??? Any pics of it detailed???
     
  5. g35videos

    g35videos Two Bucket System Washer

    My friend has an M6 black hope i can detail it soon.
     
  6. P1et

    P1et Official DB Moderator

    I don't have an M6. But would take one, sure.
     
  7. Nica

    Nica Banned

    V10 wow, I wonder how it compares to the Audi S8...mm....:thinking:

    I honestly can't say i've seen a M6 yet :shrug:
     
  8. detaildoc

    detaildoc Guest

    They are all over here where I live, especially the convertibles. Nice cars, but the interior still does not impress me.
     
  9. Nica

    Nica Banned

    Really, here in town I can't say i've seen one yet...I'm sure there is one or two perhaps I need to look harder :shrug:
     
  10. detaildoc

    detaildoc Guest

    I saw my first Nissan GTR yesterday, it was parked at the mall. Man it is sweet, I'd take that anytime over an M6. [​IMG]
     
  11. Brian N

    Brian N Jedi Nuba

    Wow interesting I didn't know they where coming out with a comp package at all thanks for the info.

    I know that I am a "bimmerboy" at heart but I will have to agree with detaildoc for the same price the GTR is hard to beat. Saw my first one yesterday as well at Chemcial Guy's warehouse (I think owned by one of the employees.:yikes:) And it did look sexy.
     
  12. mb43

    mb43 Obsessive Detailer

    The M6 is a very ugly and underrated yet amazing car. You can push a button to change it from 300 HP to 500 HP. That thing could keep up with a Ferrari on a good day.

    Nissan GT-R? Eh.
     

Share This Page