Black Wow Review!

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Sparkie, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Joyriide1113

Joyriide1113 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Does the trim bead? Sometimes, while the initial gloss is gone, the protection is still there. Also, as long as its dark and black, I would assume its on there? Unless the palstic is new and was never faded to begin with.

Thanks for the Review. I still have a 1/2 quart of PB TR left, will probably give this a shot. The price difference in the two is huge but you also use a lot less, even though it comes in a muhc smaller bottle.

2. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

There is a trick to doing BW...I tried a few ways and came on one that works best.....

Proper prep is the key to make BW work best....

I wipe the area with prep sol to remove any previous product residue ....then I wash the area with a APC and a Magik Eraser sponge to get any oxidized plastic coating off....then I wipe down with just a clean cloth and water to get any APC residue off....

then I apply BW and let it sit a bit..then go back and do it again..wait 10 minutes and wipe down with a damp towel....then I top it with another trim product to lock BW in..sorta like a clear coat on paint...I use DG 201 since its a polymer type product and not just a silicone oil product...and this process work great....Ford trim stayed black like new all winter....

AL

3. Joyriide1113

Joyriide1113 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Trying to stay on the topic of trim protection, I LOVE using collinite on smooth textures plastic. Infact, I polish it with 106ff first. Klasse AIO also works good. On heavily textured grain trim, I would not recommend it as product would stay stuck on the grain.

4. Usjdmtuner

Usjdmtuner Wax on..Wax off

nice Al.. that is way too much prepping to use BW IMHO...im really not impressed with it.. I QD the foam applicator and put a dime size and applied it on a trim and it gave it a slight shine but it didnt cover some of the wax residue.. i dont think its worth the $25.00 for such a tiny product.. I like Meguiars hyperdressing alot better..

5. blk45

blk45 Jedi Nuba

Quality work involves a lot of prep.

6. Usjdmtuner

:mounty:

7. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

well proper prep with any product gives best results...just like paint...you have to polish it..deep clean it and seal it...and then it looks and wears its best durability features...

same with BW..prep is the key..and its really not bad price for what you get and how much is actually used...I would say you would get 40 cars maybe from one bottle just doing trim...if they have fender flares and plastic bumpers like on trucks and SUV's..less then..but a little goes a looong ways...

as with any detailing product..the better the surface the better it looks and lasts....

I get 25.00 to do BW on trim prepeed right..that payed for my bottle..every other one I do is money in the bank..so lets say I get 30 cars per bottle....thats 750 on a bottle...

now I am estimating how many cars to a bottle based on what I used on 4 cars and trucks so far....looks like I did not put a dent in it ....

A tiny tiny drop does a mirror and as you go on the pad gets a little loaded with product and you actully use less after that

Al

8. Usjdmtuner

Ill prolly need to get used to it... ill give it a second chance...

9. Dannyk

Dannyk Jedi Nuba

What Collinite product are you usuing by the way?

10. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Virgin Detailer

Yeah Im not impressed at all with it. If anyone wants to buy mine for $20 including shipping let me know, used once.