Black Nissan 350z

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by maesal, Feb 5, 2008.

  1. maesal

    maesal Birth of a Detailer

    Hello !!
    This weekend I detailed an amazing 350z solid black. Some before pics:

    [​IMG]

    Just medium swirls :

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    The hood, in carbon fiber, also had swirls:

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    The roof was in better shape:

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    After cleaning wheels and wheels wells. In the shade, the car looked amazing:

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    After claying, I started polishing the hood. I used Menzerna Final Finish PO85RE5 and blue Propel Advanced with my Metabo:

    [​IMG]

    Is not easy taking 50/50 in carbon fiber:

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    I applied Collinite 845 to the hodd looking for the maximum protection:

    [​IMG]

    Finished:

    [​IMG]

    I polished the mirrors with Einszett Chrome and Metal Polish and Wolfgang applicator:

    [​IMG]

    The surprise:

    [​IMG]

    I decided in that point that I should remove the swirls but not trying to remove the random scratches. I used Propel pads and 3m Fast Cut Plus and Menzerna 85RE5. After that, I applied Prima Amigo and Zymöl Glasur.
    The results on the bumper:

    [​IMG]

    The left wing:

    [​IMG]

    50/50:

    [​IMG]

    Right wing:

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    Nice hood:

    [​IMG]

    Buffing with care in this small areas:

    [​IMG]

    In this gif, the 1 shows the before and the 2 when I stopped the Metabo to show when I consider that the abrassives are broken down:

    [​IMG]

    The rear right wing:

    [​IMG]

    Results:

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    Some pics that the owner sent me yesterday:

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    Thanks for looking !!
     
  2. MWAUTOPRO

    MWAUTOPRO Jedi Nuba

    is that showing 74 microns?!
     
  3. P1et

    P1et Official DB Moderator

    I am only seeing red Xs!!!
     
  4. Nica

    Nica Banned

    Wow that looks great maesal :applause:

    Your located in Brazil right? Or was it Spain? I cant remember now I thought it was Brazil.

    The vehicle looks incredable and the pictures showed the difference you made to that vehicle :thumb:

    Just some questions, what is this unit called:
    [​IMG]
    oh and yes where was that reading taken? Is that microns? Just curious that's all but that gauge looks very interesting.

    Thank you for sharing my friend, vehicle looks great and the pictures that the owner sent you look great...man I miss the beach :acry2:
     
  5. jake_b

    jake_b Obsessive Detailer

    that's a cool gauge you're using there maesal. what is it called?
     
  6. maesal

    maesal Birth of a Detailer

    Yes, not much paint, so I decided just removing the swirls, not the RIDS.
     
  7. maesal

    maesal Birth of a Detailer

    I had some problems with the server, but yoou must see the pics now.
     
  8. maesal

    maesal Birth of a Detailer

    Hi Carlos !!
    I'm from Spain.
    This is the PTG:

    SCHICHTDICKENMESSGERÄT SCHICHTDICKENMESSER LACK KFZ SD8 bei eBay.de: Mess- Prüftechnik (endet 15.02.08 22:30:49 MEZ)

    Yes, it shows the microns.
    Come here to Valencia and we'll have a nice detailing&beach day :drinking:
    Best regards my friend !!
     
  9. Nica

    Nica Banned

    Thanks for the info on that paint gauge maesal and man I'd love to come visit you and have a detail & beach day :hug:
     
  10. maesal

    maesal Birth of a Detailer

    So do I my friend ;)
     
  11. ampbmw

    ampbmw DB Forum Supporter

    can't see the pics! I want to i hate reading about it and being teased like that!:)
     
  12. maesal

    maesal Birth of a Detailer

  13. Smith2287

    Smith2287 Welcome to Detailing

    Awesome work man, great turn around !!!:applause2:
     
  14. Nica

    Nica Banned

    Oh I forgot to ask you and compliment you as well, the pictures look good...I'm curious what camera are you using and what lense? Hope you don't mind me asking, just curious that's all.
     
  15. maesal

    maesal Birth of a Detailer

    Not problem at all my friend. I'm using a Nikon D200 with a 18-55 mm.
    Best regards !!
     
  16. sneek

    sneek Nuba Guru

    awesome detail!


    ;) i look forward to your review of that thickness gauge
     
  17. maesal

    maesal Birth of a Detailer

    Thank you very much sneek.
    The PTG works perfect but it measures in ferrous surfaces, then, not in aluminium, plastics, etc...
     
  18. klumzypinoy

    klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

    Saw this on AG, IMO one of the best 350 z's I've ever seen :D
     
  19. Calgarydetail

    Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

    love the car, it looks great now
     
  20. sneek

    sneek Nuba Guru

    Awesome work. I have one in my garage right now. A bit fustrated with it, everything is marring the paint!

    :( This is going to be a lonnnggg detail.
     

Share This Page