Best Shampoo for Gloss

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Rcrew, Jan 12, 2011.

1. StanVanDam

StanVanDam Virgin Detailer

Sorry double-post, forums glitched or something and it didn't publish at first..

2. StanVanDam

StanVanDam Virgin Detailer

You should definitely consider Zaino Z7. I claybar and apply 2 layers of Z5 and 2 layers of Z2, once a year in the spring. Handwash in the summer, coin-op pressure wash in the winter. Did my first handwash since October 2010 last weekend (May 2011), using Z7, and I was expecting the Z5+Z2 shine to be worn off. However, I was pleasantly surprised that the wash left my blue onyx 2002 Lexus LS430 nice and glossy.

I think the wash itself adds gloss (although it is probably temporary), and this is what the product description says: "Z-7™ Show Car Wash is a concentrated blend of special cleaners, conditioners and our famous Show Car Polish ingredients that clean and enhance the gloss of painted surfaces."

The paint surface isn't as slick as it was a year ago right after the Z5+Z2, but the gloss is noticeably there after a handwash.

3. F. Premens

F. Premens Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Valet Pro Poseidon's Carnauba Wash. :thumb:

4. TechnikSLR

TechnikSLR Two Bucket System Washer

would there be any benefit to a glossy shampoo to a maintenance wash or would this be detrimental to the LSP?

5. cptzippy

cptzippy Jedi Nuba

Not sure what you mean but don't think any of these shampoo's would be detrimental to the LSP. The additional gloss is just a temporary layer of additional 'stuff' from the shampoo on top of the LSP that gives it a bit more sheen.

6. Upper Class Detailing

Upper Class Detailing DB Pro Supporter

7. M3ride.

M3ride. Wax on..Wax off

Einszett Perls adds crazy gloss.

8. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

Super Foam, SGS APC, and Extraction Plus for carpets. I have used these and I've been impressed.

9. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

I love MSUG and Glossworkz. IMO, glossworkz is slightly glossier, but MSUG is crazy slick.