Autoglym now in NA

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by agpatel, Feb 6, 2010.

1. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Like many things, personal choice. I have one of the foam pads and had a MF one. Both I thought where great and worked well. Now that I dont have to buy them from the UK I may pick up another one of each once I can find them in the stores.

2. edwinbong

edwinbong DB Forum Supporter

update that can help everyone stop holding their breath.... the official rollout date for AG is Feb. 15, monday. So for those who have already purchased, the reason for no price tag was being that it wasn't actually supposed to be sold quite yet. So hang tight everyone, we'll have to wait in anticipation until monday. Also was able to find out the actual cost price for walmart too, but not sure if i should post that info up.

3. GDAL

GDAL Guest

Thanks for the info ... did you ask what other products are going to be sold?

4. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

Why the hell not? I don't want to know the cost for the vendors here, as I think that would be a serious breach of trust. But for a worldwide conglomerate like Walmart? Post that isht up!

5. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

Too bad they won't be carrying the hi tech pads. I REALLY want one of those. But shipping is expensive from Canada for just one item. Guess I should find a couple other things to order too :D

6. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Sounds like you have it figured out sooooooooooo........... I only have one left in stock and then thats it for 6-8 weeks as my rep is out and needs to order from the UK.

7. skizot

skizot DB Forum Supporter

I had to stop by another Walmart to pick up some stuff for the race today and a totally different one, across town had two in stock as well. I decided to pick one up this time. Seems like ALL Walmarts will have these in stock going forward and each store will have 2 to start out with.

8. dschia

dschia Jedi Nuba

Btw, just thought i would mentioned. The red Mf cloth in the HD wax kit will have its dye run for the first couple of soaking/washing. It is soft and has a short nap which is good for wax removal though..

9. Wow, just goes to show how all of these "Boutique" detailing products have been tremendously overpriced by the manufactures for to long :shakehead:

I feel bad for the online retailers who have helped promote there products. Now they look like the bad guys and I can assure you, they have been the ones getting jammed the whole time :help:

As for Walmart carrying the line mentioned....I beleive it will fail. The average OTC customer is not going to spend $35 for a can of wax when theres another product sitting next to it for $10-$18 :duh:

I will be watching this with great intrest and waiting in the wings like a vulture for Walmart to cancel this agreement with said product and have a "Clearence Sale" where they will dump this stuff for $5 a tub...Shouldn't take 6 months :chips:

10. 911Fanatic

I agree bud. I think AG has shot themselves twofold. One, they have totally screwed over everyone retailing their products in N. America. Secondly, when the deal with Walmart/Canadian Tire tanks as I'm sure it will, no one will buy their products at a reasonable retail rate because Walmart and Canadian Tire were selling them so cheap. :shakehead:

11. corrswitch

corrswitch Jedi Nuba

I'm personally going to be interested in seeing how the reputation might be affected by consumers mis-using the product or expecting it to do something else. Hence bad reviews.

If they pull off a great job, great for Autoglym but this is risky.

12. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Thing you have to remember is AG is not new to OTC. The main line prodcuts are going to be priced competitively, such as the wheel cleaner at $10 a bottle, resin polish and soap will be priced pretty competitively as well. The wax is on the higher end but not much and it may be time for the OTC market to get something high end.

I do agree with Ken that if this thing blows up, AG is pretty much out of the NA market as no one will wanna pick them up as the ones that do currently will be pretty pissed that they sold it to them as such a high price/selling it pretty cheap.

13. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

That one's supposed to have my name on it, right? :lol:

14. 911Fanatic

Yours is already set aside. There is one more left. LOL

15. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

woooot! I got my pot today :-D

Will pick up a few palm apps later this week.

16. tkblazer

tkblazer Any Rag Vehicle Washer

saw some at a local walmart yesterday... didn't pick any up since i already have some lsp's although i'm tempted to try it out lol

17. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Today was suppose to be release day and it was. There where the red palm apps next to it, was going to pick up another one but thought i just get them later. My collection is small compared to others, so just trying to catch up with the Jones'

18. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Well could not help myself so had to try it out on the scrap panel. Like Karl said, can be spread pretty thin, does have almost no smell but is pretty soft.

Customary bead shot. Reflection shots didn't come out so well as the trunk is scratched up after being my footrest when playing PS3 :lol:

[​IMG]

19. 911Fanatic

Sweet!!

20. Everytime I get caught up to the Joneses, they refinance :duh:

The more I think of this arrangement Wal-Mart has entered into the more I am sure it will fail. If they don't meet a certain quota, they will drop the line faster then a cat can lick its ass :giggle:

It really boggles my mind that this product line did not give there distributors a heads up as to what there plans were. This agreement with Wal-Mart didn't happen over night :hmph: