Autoglym now in NA

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by agpatel, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Handz

Handz Obsessive Detailer

I bought CG E-zyme like months ago and have still yet to even try it lol

2. dschia

dschia Jedi Nuba

34.88 per AG HD kit is a freaking good price. I wonder why the detailing roducts in US is always so much cheaper irregardless of where it is manufactured, lol. AG HD is almost 3-4 times the price retailing in Singapore...

3. Handz

Handz Obsessive Detailer

there is like 15 walmarts within 30 mins of my house..... going to all of them right now.... will report back this afternoon

4. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

you rock!

5. Handz

Handz Obsessive Detailer

If I find an excess of them, should I buy them all and sell them to the forum? Are you guys interested in these?

6. d00t

d00t Welcome to Detailing

Went to the 3 within a 12 mile radius of me with no luck. :shrug:

7. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Is this really that good of a wax? I know we're all excited that AG is now at Wal Mart, but I don't want to spend $35 on a wax just because I can buy it OTC...

8. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Had had many good reviews in the UK, good durability as Ken said, good looks and all around a good wax for the new price of $35. I posed the review from DW but there are many others on DW as well that are positive. It is no Insignis but still seems like a great wax.

Plus it comes in a nice looking box, come on! haha (No, I do not buy everything on how the box looks but nice packaging is a plus hehe)

9. Woob

Woob Jedi Nuba

For any of the NC peeps, please don't buyout all the AG. Then again all I want is the Custom Wheel Cleaner.

10. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Well only the wax and few palm applicators have been spotted! Have not heard any news on people seeing the cleaner. I will let you know if I find any around us or just pick it up and sell it to ya. If you happen to find any let me know, haha.

11. Dannyk

Dannyk Jedi Nuba

No luck here in Lancaster, Pa.

12. MINIz guy

MINIz guy Two Bucket System Washer

I've checked 2 Wal-Marts here in NJ with no luck. Maybe it is too early and not all of them have started to stock Autoglym.

13. Handz

Handz Obsessive Detailer

SUCCESS!!

I got my Autoglym High Definition Wax!!!! I Went to 3 wal-marts and on the 2nd & 3rd I found some.... I bought the only 2 each store had!!! They also had Palm Applicators!!

If anyone wants one, PM me and i will ship you a box!!!

14. tkblazer

tkblazer Any Rag Vehicle Washer

which stores did you go to?

15. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

As stated, its no Vintage but for $35 or even double that, its a very nice wax. Very easy to use. Looks good, even on metallics.

16. eShine

eShine Guest

Goes to show that these products don't cost much to make. To go from a $100+ wax one day then sell to Wally World at $15 so they can sell for $35. Wow, just wow.

17. getcha

getcha Jedi Nuba

Also goes to show you, despite the price placed on them that there is really only so many ingredients you can put in wax but also how inexpensive they really are to make. And you gotta figure Autoglym is still making a killing.

18. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

ill try to check 2 that are near me.

19. corrswitch

corrswitch Jedi Nuba

Even with mass production to lower costs and doing volume business, it's still surprising how much the price dropped.

Possibly a change in formula?

Likely as people mentioned, the cost is small and we're been paying mostly for marketing, profit and etc all these years.

20. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Marginal cost of making a pot of wax is pretty low, the marketing, profit and what not adds to a good portion of the price. It is priced in the UK around the 40-50 quid mark, $62-78, if they can increase the volume sold to what they are hoping to then they can lower the price greatly and still make a decent penny off the wax. AG has probably paid off the R&D cost of the wax from being sold in the UK for a while now also the wax is OTC over there so it is already streamline production which result in lower cost of production, thus low marginal and total cost of a pot.