What do you want to see?

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by 911Fanatic, Aug 20, 2008.

1. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I have been keeping an eye on how many views and replies different vehicles have been getting on this forum and you guys are confusing the hell out of me. So, if there are certain vehicles you would like to see let me know. I can probably line one up. Almost all the vehicles I work on are 3 years old or newer so I don't get a chance to work on many train wrecks, but if thats what you want I'll see what I can do. Thanks for looking.:thumb:

2. Rustbucket

Rustbucket Birth of a Detailer

How about a red, faded, train wreck.

I just love seeing red come back to life.

3. NCZ13

NCZ13 Birth of a Detailer

i personally love seeing black come back to life.

4. Charlies02GLS

Charlies02GLS Jedi Nuba

Are you confused because the number of views might be high with no/few comments?

At least for me, I don't always have time to leave comments or might not be in the mood to do so.

5. 911Fanatic

Yes I'm confused but that has nothing to do with this! LOL

6. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Personally, I get bored by all the garage queens. I don't want to see Ferraris, Porsches or Lexuses. Hell, even my own details bore me since most of the cars I detail look "decent" to start off with.

I cannot wait until I get a call from a customer asking me to detail his 1987 faded Volvo 240. Now THAT'S a detail I'll get excited about!!!

7. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Finish the black 69 camaro so we can see that, from the few pictures you have shown it looks to be a very nice car.

8. Carn

Carn Welcome to Detailing

WWII Nazi Panzer Tank.....the one with the 12" canon :mounty:

[​IMG]

Should buff right out....SIP and Purple foamed wool ;)

[​IMG]

9. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

I dont really care what car is being worked on. As long as someone can get a legit 90%+ correction along with properly finishing down the paint then Im impressed.

10. timpryor

timpryor Birth of a Detailer

Agree'd :worship2:

11. IanB

IanB Two Bucket System Washer

Or late 80's looks unbelievable when restored/polished out.

I also like it when someone tries to make an older car look like it came off the factory line. Makes you remember why these cars were sexy and why they should still be fun and exciting to the enthusiast.

I love to see plain cars looking spectacular, especially on the road. Ferrari is tough to get behind when it comes to detailing, anyone can keep a car relatively clean when kept in a garage, the daily drivers get the most comments from me. (I have a daily driver that I try to just wash once a week). It is difficult and I surely appreciate someone doing an amazing job on the DD. :support:

My .02
    IB

12. Carn

Carn Welcome to Detailing

On a more serious note maybe something in that new metallic brown the 911's come in, thats such an awesome colour !

13. 911Fanatic

Thanks for all the input. I'll see what I can do but as P1et said, almost everything I do is new or near new but I'll take one for the team and find a roach to work on.

14. Jetta

Jetta Virgin Detailer

I agree, that is a great color!

or if you want a challenge, maybe an older Guards Red 911, something with a whale tail!

15. Grey Ghost

Grey Ghost Jedi Nuba

im happy enough just seeing pics. im a visual type of person i need to see results, and not read them

16. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

I like audi's, bmw's, and hondas.

how about an s2000, an s4 and a 740il?

17. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

I don't discrimnate I look at everyones hard work.

18. richy

richy Guest

You need to take a road trip to Windsor!! I've had a few challenges lately!

19. Cody

Cody Virgin Detailer

I want to see you restore a 3 year or 4 year old lease return that has only been driven by a soccer mom who frequented the gas station "quick washes" after every other fill up. Only then will we see your true skills...:worship2:

20. Nica

Nica Banned

I would have to agree, I just love pictures, I enjoy seeing pictures, it can be challenging to take pictures but like they say a picture is worth a 1,000 words :thumb:

As for the vehicle, heck anything will do as long as you can polish it, make it looks shiny and put wax or sealant on it it's all good :druling: :druling:

Keep the details coming, they are all good :thumb: