what did you do for your car today?

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by NCZ13, Apr 8, 2008.

1. NCZ13

NCZ13 Birth of a Detailer

i looked around and didnt see a thread like this here. theres a thread like this on almost every other forum im on though so i figured why not. if it turns out there is a thread like this already feel free to delete this one. this thread isnt just for detailing, but what you did for your car in general.

so i just got done with my car

washed
    clayed rear hatch
    dried. polished out some scratches i found while drying the car using my UDM, a low pro orange pad. and XMT3. i also worked in some of meguiars #7 glaze with an orange pad on the driver side fender, just to see if it would change the look of the paint. working it in witha cutting pad at 5k rpms until the polish was translucent gave the fender a much wetter look. the paint was alot deeper as well. however i have a paper to write, and i was to tired to spend 5 hours glazing the car.

i also polished the headlights, and made them almost crystal clear. i removed alot of the haze, but the pitting still remains. that has to be wetsanded out. and ill probably do that in the near future.

she also got a coat of megs 21 synthetic sealant, and i also polished the muffler tip, and face of the muffler that has the racing beat logo.

and my mom just told me its going to rain tomorrow =( at leasts she looks pretty in the garage...

i should also mention that i use a Home depot grout sponge today. i like the results. it didnt seem to damage the paint any. and i really like the way the sponge released alot of foam when it was squeezed...

2. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

lets see, I polished the exhaust tips and cleaned the windows, tomorrow will pull the wheels and clean them and the wells. My other car I drove through the rain.

3. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Dude I'm gonna need some pics :waiting2:!

4. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Alright, I will take some tomorrow, then its up to you from there.

5. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Tonight is my last night at work so I'll be able to help you out bro!

6. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Thank you sir.:cheers:

7. DieselMDX

DieselMDX Obsessive Detailer

nothing poor thing is filthy had a customers car to do today

8. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

Wetsanded her headlight!

9. GBS

GBS Wax on..Wax off

I drove my truck while my cars sat in the garage covered up.

10. jshillin

jshillin Birth of a Detailer

Drove the WRX and drove the Neon, the other 2 just sat. I'm hoping to finally be off of these crutches on Thursday when I go back to the doc. None of my vehicles have been washed since February and it's driving me crazy!!!

11. RussECU

RussECU DB Forum Supporter

Drove my rental as my truck is getting a rear axle housing and etc. transplant. :sorry: Speaking of rental you should have seen the detail guy at enterprise. :yikes: Lets just say this car is swirl free.:shakehead:

12. bjorke

bjorke Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Today the sun came to town, so it was time for a regular wash followed by a coat of DG AW...Came up really nice:applause2:

13. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

Last night I removed the numbers from the top of my windshield that were on there for my DE this weekend. I really need to wash the brake dust off the front wheels.

14. joep

joep Welcome to Detailing

YES !!! we like pictures around here :popcorn:

15. agentf1

agentf1 Jedi Nuba

Your in Paradise/South Florida, we don't want to hear any complaints from you. ;-) j/k

16. 2KLS1

2KLS1 Birth of a Detailer

I did nothing, car is clean.

17. NCZ13

turns out it didnt rain this morning. so my car is still clean =)

18. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

My car was washed this weekend - dont consider it a detail since there was no correction... 5 hrs on JUST the exterior and engine and that's with NO CORRECTION!!! Today was an ONR wash and another layer of AJ

19. NCZ13

still waiting for my AG delivery... its out for delivery right now. i hope it arrives before my 1 o clock class...

20. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

Don't forget to post :picture: