Vintage Sweatin

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by oojerry, Sep 16, 2010.

1. oojerry

oojerry Virgin Detailer

Well to say the least, Ive been using vintage for three years now. But not until I recently got a black car has Vintage created nightmares for me.

Can I get some suggestions on curing the sweating. I tried the microfiber by microfiber along with the QD and those two failed, but Im hoping the ice-cold water did the trick. Is there any other tricks to preventing Vintage from sweating? I know its not the dew-point because Its 62° at 11 oclock right now and dew point is at 52°. Also could the sweating be an effect of relatively high humidity?

Also has anyone tried applying Vintage via applicator/DA?

2. loudog2

loudog2 Two Bucket System Washer

Humidity does cause sweating with some waxes. I know it happens to me with supernatural if it is too humid outside.

3. wise 85

wise 85 Virgin Detailer

It's a characteristic of the product,despite what some people may say,almost all high end Carnauba waxes will do this,regardless of the humidity or temperature in which they are applied.I have always wiped down the car with either field glaze,or distiled water,a few hours after application and removal,to remove the slight haze due to 'sweating' and it has always worked.

4. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

After applying Vintage, I take in full sun to let the wax flow. Never had a sweating problem.

5. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

I agree...and at the end of the way you can hit paint with cold distilled water, assuming you will be working on a cool surface... That should do it...

6. BimmerSean

BimmerSean Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Based on my experience, all high end waxes with high carnauba content sweat regardless of the time of the year....I think the humidity in the air just changes the reaction time...I have Vintage and royale...The Royale sweated on me for three days the last time I used it back in July here in Arlington, Virginia...I bake the car in the sun during the day and wash it at night...I also use Megs M34 (Final Inspection) for final wipe downs that I keep refrigerated for just that reason...It's a process but the results are amazing. IMO, you really can't use these waxes on a car that you'll be handing back to the customer the same day unless you advise them on the wipe down process and they're cool with it.

Sean,,,,