The official 2008 Hurricane Thread!

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by LanceM, Aug 27, 2008.

1. LanceM

LanceM DB Forum Supporter

Anyone else really worried about Gustav? I sure am. I'm definitely going to put my supplies on high ground and take my wax with me if we are forced to evacuate. Please just disappear. lol

:yikes::yikes::yikes:

2. GBS

GBS Wax on..Wax off

Last night it looked like southwest Florida was out of the cone but now we are almost back in it. It's to early to tell where it's going to end up but it currently doesn't look good for La. We just went through a hurricane scare last week. Hopefully it won't be as bad as they predicting.

3. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

My fiances sister is in LA, about 45 min north of NO. Been tryin to tell her to come here but she wont go bc her fiance wont go

4. LanceM

Well I know if there its a cat 2 or higher and heading anywhere close to NO, I'm heading out.

Man, I'm going be pissed if this thing destroys my house. I don't think I could go through that again.

5. GBS

GBS Wax on..Wax off

Lance, I wouldn't get to bent out of shape yet. There's a lot of time for the storm to change paths. Best of luck. I hope you and your house stay safe.

6. heatgain

heatgain Guest

Strange. When I lived in Miami and Ft Lauderdale it seemed that all the hurricanes hit the east coast of Florida. Since I've moved to Mobile Alabama they're all hitting the Gulf Coast.
    Maybe I'm the hurricane magnet! :sorry:

7. dionnfr

dionnfr Birth of a Detailer

Hope it changes course and all is safe. Just don't wait to the last minute. Best of luck.

8. LanceM

Getting pretty crazy around here. Still waiting a day or so to evac. Man, I hope it isnt too bad

9. Crossroaddetail

Crossroaddetail Any Rag Vehicle Washer

best of luck to you all, I'm sure that's a terrible feeling knowing something like that is possibly heading your way.

10. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Be safe everyone, and remember that your life is a lot more important than your collection of Swissvax brushes!

11. zoomzoom mazda5

zoomzoom mazda5 Wax on..Wax off

I hope it dies out, but be careful and safe!

12. LanceM

I'm evacuating. See you guys gl

13. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Good luck and be safe!

14. Charlies02GLS

Charlies02GLS Jedi Nuba

15. Cooter

Cooter Guest

We just got a call from the state about sending some ambulances down to the MS Gulf Coast. I'm not sure how many we will send. Proabably 2. All the EMS services around here will probably send atleast 1.

Be safe Lance. If you get up to North Mississippi give me a holla.

16. LanceM

I left yesterday at 3:30pm and didnt get to atl till 5:30 am. I talked to some people and the traffic is still backed up.

17. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

18. LanceM

I was tempeted to take a pic like that while I was sitting in traffic

19. heatgain

heatgain Guest

At 5:30 am this morning was on my way to work on eastbound I10 in Mobile...PACKED! Every motel/hotel and gas station I passed this am was packed too.

20. freon warrior

freon warrior Virgin Detailer

Really not sure how you guys manage to go through this every year, do feel for you LanceM and anyone else affected.