Team Detail - Adam's & Innovative Detailing vs. 2012 Lambo Aventador

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Adam's Polishes, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Adam's Polishes

Adam's Polishes DB Certified Manufacturer

Dylan@Adams & Dave@Innovative Detailing VS. Pure Italian Beauty!

This has been a project Dave and I have been looking forward to for awhile, the owner is a regular customer of Innovative detailing, but hadn't had a full prep done on the car... yet. Yesterday was the day.

As you can see from the before shots the issues are very minimal, this was a job to take good and make it great.

The process was pretty straight forward, basic exterior cleanup and wash, followed by a paint correction. The PC 7424xp and Flex 3401 were used. Most correction was done with Adam's Fine Machine Polish and Gen4 White pads... a few areas were polished again using a Gray Gen4 Pad and Fine Machine. Paint was EXTREMELY soft and anything more aggressive seemed to mar slightly.

The entire forward section of the car has been covered with PPF film so those areas, especially around the edges, were sealed with Adam's Quick Sealant.

The entire car was machine glazed with the new Gen4 red pad and Adam's Brilliant Glaze the topped with Americana Paste wax by hand.

Interior was spotless, a quick wipe down with a towel was all that was needed, glass was also clean and simply wiped with a dry towel.

Enough talking... on to the pics.

BEFORE:
    (from a distance everything looked great)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dave started in on the wheels and we then moved to a quick wash:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Documenting some of the problem areas including bird dropping stains, very fine swirling, and some buffing/haze artifacts left behind either by dealer prep or the factory:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The biggest eye sore was the rear deck... either a previous detailer had hazed the panel, perhaps at the dealer, or the factory prep was a little rushed. Either way the paint was definitely in need of attention:
    [​IMG]

Before masking off the film and trim we used the blaster sidekick to eliminate as much of the trapped water as we could. With so many edges and tight areas this car held a ton of water
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Engine bay was spotless. A quick detail spray wipe down for dust was all that was needed
    [​IMG]

All masked up and ready to start
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We split the car up and went tow work with the machines
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Checking my progress on some sections... flawless!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Vertical doors make for some interesting polishing postions
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After we were satisfied with the correction we moved into glazing... gen4 red pad, flex 3401 at low speed, brilliant glaze.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Icing on the cake
    [​IMG]

Black mirror
    [​IMG]

This detail approved by Innovative Detailing
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Interior got a quick towel wipe down. Aside from a small amount of dust the interior was flawless. As you can see the dash is a bit of reach...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Touched up the glass over the engine with Adam's Glass Cleaner and a glass towel
    [​IMG]

Tires, trim, and all the vents/diffusers, etc were treated with Adam's Super VRT and/or Adam's In & Out Spray
    [​IMG]

Wrapping up... the wind had picked up and we wanted to make sure the car stayed perfect. We had the owner quickly pull the car out for full sun inspection and got it back into the garage to avoid any dust settling on the newly perfected finish

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Out into the sun
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tucked back in the garage... job done!
    [​IMG]

2. Gale Force

Gale Force Obsessive Detailer

Pure sex. :applause:

3. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

It indeed looked pretty damn good in the befores, but you guys have it that extra special "touch". Great work. Tough car to photograph...

4. cptzippy

cptzippy Jedi Nuba

Very mean looking machine. Great work gents.

5. Bunky

Bunky DB Forum Supporter

That must have been exciting and fun. Looks perfect !

Did you use a pressure washer? When he is rinsing off the foam (foamed with cannon or gun?), I see an interesting looking trigger operated hose end sprayer.

6. Adam's Polishes

Thanks for the compliments everyone. Definitely learned a lot on this one... a car with this many lines certainly provides some challenges when it comes to correction that I had never run into before.

Yes. Dave works mobile so we were working off his trailer. No foam gun or lance... just good old buckets and grit guards. Honestly the wash was more a formality than anything else. It was barely dusty when we got there.

7. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

great work guys!

8. ///M LifeStyle

///M LifeStyle Birth of a Detailer

car is beautiful in black!

9. drew935

drew935 Auto Salon Works

Awesome work guys!

10. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Man that is pure sex on wheels as it is and now that it is corrected its even better great work guys:thumb:

11. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

Great job guy's that one hot number.

12. SRT8Spartan

SRT8Spartan DB Forum Supporter

incredible. the lines on this car are crazy.

13. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

If that doesn't put a wow in your stick, better check for a pulse.

14. GoFast908Z

GoFast908Z DB Pro Supporter

Excellent work. That Lambo is just gorgeous.

15. nyrep1

nyrep1 Obsessive Detailer

i love that car ....everytime i see one all i can think about is a stealth f117 and a f22 raptor

16. Mr. Hyde

Mr. Hyde Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Cleaned up really nice. Good looking car but I don't like how the front wheels have such a large gap in the wheel wells. I think that would bother me if I owned it..

17. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

The front end can be raised and lowerd for clearance issuea

18. Adam's Polishes

Yep. As Dust2Glory pointed out... the front end can life (2" I believe) to clear curbs and other chin spoiler destroying obstacles. Also came in really handy for cleaning the inner fenders... the owners driveway was pretty steep at the end with a rolled curb, even with the nose all the way up he was less than 1/2" from scraping each time he pulled it out.

Heres some more pics from Dave @ Innovative - enjoy!

19. Mr. Hyde

Mr. Hyde Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Neato, didn't think about that. Guess lambo thought of everything didn't they.

20. premshine09

premshine09 Jedi Nuba

Awesome work!! Have yet to see one in real life yet but the lines and styling are so radical....the way a Lambo should be :)