Scholl

Discussion in 'Detailers Domain' started by EisenHulk, Aug 17, 2010.

1. EisenHulk

EisenHulk Birth of a Detailer

Hey, Phil.

Have you considered carrying the Scholl line?

Your thoughts, please.

Thanks.

2. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

Even if he did, I think that stuff is pretty pricey :(

3. EisenHulk

No kidding.

Anyone have a sample or two they'd be willing to part with?

4. GDAL

GDAL Guest

I would talk to Ken from Autowerkes.

5. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

It isn't legal here yet.

6. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Shoot me a PM.

7. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I don't believe it's VOC compliant here and as such its not available. Will be doing a group buy shortly. Stay tuned.

8. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

now that's what I'm talking about, Ken!

9. Erik Mejia

Erik Mejia Obsessive Detailer

Keep me informed.

10. EisenHulk

Thanks to all that responded. Much appreciated.

11. Mindflux

Mindflux Welcome to Detailing

simmer down!

12. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I have the Scholl soap and the quick detailer and they're both very impressive. The quick detailer is probably one of my favorites.

13. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

unfortunately after trying to contact them over the last 4 years I have given up.
    I knew about the product when we started and they have ignored my emails and have never gotten back to me.

14. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

out of curious what would you be interested in?

polishes or washes?

15. P1et

I think there could be a good market for their products. They are a very conservative company, and I don't think they believe or realize the potential of selling outside of their current comfort zone and sell their products via the internet or on a different continent.

We must convince them!

16. ltebow34

ltebow34 Birth of a Detailer

I had friend ship me Scholl polishes from europe.

I compared directly to menzerna and meguiars and the finishes for the menzerna scholl absolutely did not stack up.

I believe there is reason why Menz has monopolized for the most part the polishing world from europe- its because their polishes are that good. School products cut about the same but the finish they left after IPA wipe was nowhere near as good.

The reason I think many people want them is because they are hard to get and not yet legal in US now. I don't think Scholl would be as good as Menz here because in unbiased direct comparing Menznerna is better product esp consider Menznena is already here so it doesnt cost double. You can't beat menz on rotary or megs on DA as of right now.

It says something that nobody in europe is using it - unfortunately its because there is better product for better price..

I don't know how everyone think but there is no reason to pay more price for lesser product simply because "oh its hard to get, I must have it". I think alot of people fall into the "this person uses it - I must buy it now" mentality of products. How many top pros in world use scholl? - How many use megs and menzerna?

17. P1et

They have other products apart from polishes mate. I have not used their polishes, but like I mentioned above, their QD is fantastic and so is their shampoo.

There are some high-end detailers on this forum that use Scholl with some very good results, so it cannot be all bad, right? Not knocking Menzerna in any way, I love all their products.

18. ltebow34

ltebow34 Birth of a Detailer

Ye I agree with you friend. I think though its more the detailer than the product. Have you tried automagic body shine as a QD. With us here in US I just cant justify a huge price for product that are just as good and avail t o us in better numbers here. But I dont know. I am a sucker for buying too many car soap - so that would be problem lol

19. dpopkin

dpopkin Virgin Detailer

i tryed to google them and i couldnt find anything anyone post up a link

20. Mindflux

Mindflux Welcome to Detailing

The question should be "How many pros get kickbacks from Menz/Megs for using them?"

The company with the most disposable income for advertising/sponsorship wins in the consumer world 99% of the time. It's not to say they aren't good/great products.. it's just saying Scholl doesn't have the money to give a "well respected" detailer money to say they use Scholl exclusively for polishing. Todays world is about advertising first, bottom line second and consumer level of enjoyment a distant 3rd or 4th even.