Review: DoDo Sour Power Gloss Enhancing Shampoo

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by musc, Feb 13, 2009.

1. musc

musc Jedi Nuba

Product: DoDo Juice Sour Power Gloss Enhancing Shampoo
    Price: £12.95 500ml (18.64 USD at time of review)
    Purchased From: Ben at Rubbish Boy's Carnauba Wax Shop
    Size: 500ml
    Lable appearance: DoDo Label on clear botte
    Appearance: Vibrant label with green product inside. Appealing look.
    Smell: Smells like sour apples!
    Rating 1-5 (5 being the best): 3.5.

Pros: Smells great. Need to test further to find a good dilution.
    Cons: Price, though not terribly bad. I think if you are using it as a single shampoo, you need to use at least 30ml. That would come out to 1.12 per wash at the 500ml size.

Overall Comments: After testing this, I realized its kind of difficult for me to give a fair review of a shampoo. Lately, I tend to use my own concoction which has nice suds and extreme lubricity. My maintenance wash consists of 4 gallons of water, 1 oz of CG CWG (non-stripping dilution), 1 oz of ONR (half of what goes into a normal ONR wash), and 1 capfull of P21S (or 1oz of something like Maxisuds II). Is it overkill? Maybe. But its extremely slick. I never have issues with marring. I am so used to the lubricity, that is difficult for me to evaluate a single shampoo in a bucket, because if I use my current wash to compare, everything will fall short in lubricity. I also couldn't tell any enhanced gloss, but then again, I may have had a solution too diluted. Regardless, I doubt I will every go back to using 'one' shampoo. I like my triple concoction too much to change it. Who says you you have to use one shampoo at a time!

TESTING: I did a little research about the dilution and found that it was pretty much the same as Born to be Mild. Dom from DoDo recommends 2-4 capfulls per wash bucket. In a post he clarified that the cap is 7ml, so 14 to 28ml per wash (30ml is 1oz). When he says bucket, they are referring to 15-20L of water, or about 4-5 gallons, which is basically what I use. I decided to mix in 20ml with 4 gallons of water. Now I am not a sudder (I dont put the product in the bucket and spray in the water making suds go eveywhere). What I do is fill the bucket with water. Then I measure out 20ml in an old Nyquil cup, and pour it into the bucket. I then mix the solution with my hand or mixing rod. The result is a wash liquid with very little suds. Suds arent a necessary thing in the bucket. When you start washing the car, you will get some sudding.

Now at 20ml, I don't think it was enough product. While there was some lubricity, it was lacking a little bit. As I said in the comment, what I view as lubricity is probably skewed to the extreme considering my normal wash. When I washed a few panels at this dilution and it seemed too watery. I ended up adding my CWG and ONR in, and it was fine, just as good as the P21S in combination. The next time, I am going to try 30ml with 4 gallons and see how that feels.

No pics of the washing process itself. Sorry.

[​IMG]

2. blas

blas Birth of a Detailer

good review :)

3. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Nice. I've just recently turned into a non sudser as well for hand washing. Now pre wash.... I use the foam cannon. You can hardly call that no suds haha.

4. edwinbong

edwinbong DB Forum Supporter

any reviews on your triple combo?!

5. Carn

Carn Welcome to Detailing

Nice review, thanks for sharing ;)

What towels are those btw, the look similar to the Dodo ones ?

6. Reflect

Those are the Carrand one's I think.

7. Dom

Dom Two Bucket System Washer

Not Dodo ones, but nice all the same.

8. musc

musc Jedi Nuba

Thanks for the responses everyone.

It's a Microfiber Max towel from chemical guys. It's gray one side and yellow on the other. It's extremely thick and fluffy. They are my QD towels. Beware when you first get one though. Read this. http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/f75/beware-cg-microfiber-max-mf-towel-7034.html

I might do a review on my triple combo. I just don't think there is any reason to limit ourselves to one shampoo per wash. I think the Sour Power could easily take the place of P21S as part of the combo. I chose P21S simply because I had some. Using 3 agents may be overkill, but I just really the increased lubricity. It's not that it cleans a whole lot better, its that extra slick feeling I am after.

9. Reflect

10. musc

musc Jedi Nuba

11. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Great review and keep 'em coming on all the new stuff you bought.