Review: 3D APC Orange Degreaser

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by af90, Aug 30, 2013.

1. af90

af90 Virgin Detailer

Note: This was in accordance with 3D's promotion.

3D APC - Orange Citrus Degreaser
    Price: 22oz. - $6.99 (1 Gal - $14.99)

Packaging

[​IMG]

I recently got this in and wanted to try it out on my engine bay cover that hadn't been cleaned in a few weeks and had a layer of grime and other bits that have been kicked up from the flooding that has overtaken NW Vegas.

[​IMG]

Quick picture of what I am working with .

And a close up

[​IMG]

After spraying it on, letting it dwell for 15-30 seconds or so then agitating with a Mother's Detail Brush I was left with this much dirt remaining on the microfiber after wiping it clean.

[​IMG]

And the finished product

[​IMG]

Overall the product did what is was supposed to do, it didn't blow me away but for the price it's definitely an economical option if you can pick it up locally. Compared to other APC's that I have used such as Adam's or Meguiar's it was about equal in terms of performance, but it is biodegradable which is always good to see and I will keep it in mind when I run out of my current stock of APC.

Thanks for reading feel free to post up any questions or tips.

2. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

So it is ready to use straight from that bottle or did you cut it down to a certain point? I know OPC can be used straight out of a gallon container but I think it would be a waste when cleaning something like your engine cover. Did it smell good? Foam up a lot? Did you feel like you needed to rinse the surface to remove all the apc?

3. af90

af90 Virgin Detailer

I used it straight since I knew what I was cutting through was tough stuff, I've tried to clean this engine cover with other straight APC's and wasn't able to. But it labels pre-determined dilutions (only for interior work which I found odd). It had a basic citrus smell, not pungent at all similar to goo-gone, no foam really at all but I think adding a foaming sprayer would help that, and help it stick adding to the dwell time. As for the surface not at all, it wiped very clean and didn't leave any noticeable residue or greasy feeling.