Removing adhesives on dash

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by mfh, Nov 13, 2008.

1. mfh

mfh Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Was thinking of putting the Harmon Kardon Drive Play on my dash with the included adhesive pads and was wondering if it would be very hard to remove the adhesives from the dash when I return my lease..

Appreciate the help..Thanks..

2. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

There's one factor that would make me think that it would be difficult to remove. The sun will bake that adhesive...:shrug:

3. richy

richy Guest

We installed a back up camera on the dash of my wife's Pacifica. The sun heated it up and the adhesive ran and stained the dash permanently. Be very careful if it's a lease.

4. scheerspeed

scheerspeed DB Forum Supporter

3m adhesive remover??

5. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

O-Kay, I'll buy that but aren't you still going to have some damage or marks...:shrug:

6. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

When I bought my Passat Wagon, the retard, um, I mean person that owned it velcro'd his coffee cup or whatever to the dash. There's no residue left, but the dash is stained. I wouldn't stick anything to your dash.

7. TheJag

TheJag Birth of a Detailer

I'd agree with the 3m Adhesive remover, Griots interior cleaner also works wonders on stains and crap. go over it with some vinyl/rubber dressing after you clean it to even things out, eve if it is stained it shouldnt be as noticable