OTC products-Canada

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by mfh, Oct 15, 2008.

1. mfh

mfh Any Rag Vehicle Washer

What is the best over the counter wax/sealant you have found in Canada?

I wanted to get a wax/sealant from a local store with good durability.

2. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

Collinite 476

3. kenny1775

kenny1775 Jedi Nuba

Meguiars NXT Tech Wax is pretty good also :thumb:

4. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

AGREE - Collinite 476...:thumb:

5. mfh

in terms of my first ever detail.. I was thinking of something like..

Wash>Dry>Clay>Polish/Chemical cleaner??>Wax

Any idea if I need a polish or a chemical cleaner. I read that wax does not bond easily to the paint without a polish?

6. kenny1775

kenny1775 Jedi Nuba

If you really want to see some nice results on your first detail (and you're working by hand) I'd recommend wash>dry>clay>Klasse AIO>either Collinite or NXT

P.S. A great place to shop online if you're in Canada is E-Shine. Fantastic service and very quick shipping.

7. mfh

Any OTC products similar to klasse AIO?

8. green dimnd

green dimnd Birth of a Detailer

If you order from eshine.ca the order will be in your hands faster than you can drive to Canadian Tire and back. (well, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit) If you really insist on otc and you're working by hand, I would go with Meguiar's Deep Cystal cleaner and Meguiar's #26 or from CT. If you decide on NXT, it's about $10 cheaper at Walmart compared to CT.

9. kenny1775

kenny1775 Jedi Nuba

I'm afraid there's nothing like it OTC.. Klasse AIO was actually my very first online purchase (and the reason I got hooked on high end (well, higher than OTC) products)

10. Hum-Benz

Hum-Benz Wax on..Wax off

:thumb:
    I'd have to agree with this post. I was a OTC product junkie until I switched to the "boutique" line and I will never look back. The "higher end" may cost a lil' more from the start but in the end it will cost less due to less frequent applications. IMO, of course!

11. mfh

Thanks for the replies!

What kind of durability will I get if lets say I went for Klasse AIO and then Natty's red or any other carnauba wax. I was recommended Natty's by a friend as I have a metallic color.

I have been told that NXT 2.0 is a cleaner wax so it will remove klasse aio.

12. kenny1775

kenny1775 Jedi Nuba

Yup... I'll never forget the first time I did my car with Klasse AIO & then topped it with P21S... [​IMG]

13. kenny1775

kenny1775 Jedi Nuba

[/QUOTE]I have been told that NXT 2.0 is a cleaner wax so it will remove klasse aio.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure about this, but I've never seen anything saying NXT is a cleaner wax :shead:

Maybe one of the pros here could chime in??

14. mfh

I have been told that NXT 2.0 is a cleaner wax so it will remove klasse aio.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure about this, but I've never seen anything saying NXT is a cleaner wax :shead:

Maybe one of the pros here could chime in??[/QUOTE]

Check this. This is what I read.

15. gregk

gregk Virgin Detailer

NXT does have some chemical and polish in it to remove very small swirls and clean the surface. This is a very small amount and would not take the place of any polish, but for the "once or twice a year" hand waxer, it will provide some polish and protection. AIO will provide more polish and oxidation removal than NXT, but with less protection. That is why many will follow AIO with some additional LSP. (like Natty's)

So using NXT after AIO is not a great idea as you are kind of doing the same thing twice. You would be better using a wax without cleaners after AIO.

As far as OTC products, Meguiars Colour X is a strong all-in one with stronger than most cleaners and polish with protection. It is the consumer version of #66 which is a great one step cleaner/wax.

Meg's 26 is a great pure wax that has no cleaners and is available at Part Source, Canadian Tire and auto parts stores.(Part Source often have 20% off Megs product sales). It offers great, long lasting protection, makes metallic paint pop and it's cheap!

In response to your original chem. cleaner/polish question, a chemical cleaner is more to clean the surface, but does nothing to remove swirls. A polish will have abrasive ingredients that will remove swirls and scratches. Of course there is a large range of how abrasive these polishes are, but are usually mild in most cleaner/waxes.

As others have said, places like E-Shine stock products like this as well as others that have been mentioned on this post.(Optimum Poli-Seal which is a GREAT All-In One)

Are you doing this by hand or machine?