Optimum No Rinse QD

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by spencer785, Mar 6, 2010.

1. spencer785

spencer785 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Hi there just wondering on my 32oz bottle of ONR its say for QD strength to add 8oz to 1 gallon of water but everybody says its 6oz but I did what the bottle said anyways. And another thing is I mixed up the ONR for QD strength in a 1L spray bottle but was tired and by mistake put in 4oz into spray bottle instead of 2oz. Should I dump this bottle and redo or will it work fine. Thanks

2. Dangler

Dangler Birth of a Detailer

I never found the mixing proportions that are given on the bottle to be sufficient enough. The ratio they call for for clay lube, just doesn't seem like enough (just not slick enough). I tend to double up the ratio when mixing for clay lube and detail spray.

3. ndrom

ndrom Two Bucket System Washer

You'll be fine. 4oz in 34oz is about 1:8. I usually mix about 2oz in a 16oz bottle, which is about the same ratio.

I agree that the stated the mix ratios are low. I usually do 1:128 for wash (oz per gal).

4. christian900se

christian900se Obsessive Detailer

I always mix my QD strength ONR at a much stronger dilution that is needed just for the extra peace of mind. There is no need to dump it out, it will work just as well compared to any other dilution over the recommended 16:1 mix.

5. ndrom

ndrom Two Bucket System Washer

Their reccomended dilution is 16:1.

6. christian900se

christian900se Obsessive Detailer

Haha, my error. I forgot the 1 in front of the 6. Thanks for the correction, edited the post.

7. edwinbong

edwinbong DB Forum Supporter

i usually use a bit more than the diluted ratios call for.