Opti-seal, does it last?

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by allnitro, Feb 28, 2009.

1. allnitro

allnitro Virgin Detailer

I've read a few reviews of Opti-seal on here, but mostly descriptions after first using it. Folks seem to like how easy it is to apply and the looks afterwards, but I haven't seen a report about how it lasts.

I'm anxious to try it. Should it be applied below or above a carnauba or does it even matter? This seems like the perfect product to use as a booster after a few washes following a full correction detail.

Any comments on how folks like it after its initial use?

2. Wolfs Chemicals

Wolfs Chemicals DB Certified Manufacturer

You can apply it either above or below. I usually apply it above a nuba. Actually, you don't need to apply anything over or under it, as it's a LSP already, but I do just because it gives that "extra" shine. Yes it's very easy to apply and you only need a small amount of it to do an entire car. I wouldn't really consider this one as a "booster" because it's much more than that. Like I said, it's an LSP sealant and you'll usually get about 4+ months out of it. I guess you could use it as a booster, but it would be a bit of overkill. If you're looking for a booster I'd try Dodo Red Mist. I love it and people have compared it to Z8. It also can be used as a LSP, but the durability is much less (about 1 month) than Opti-Seal or even OQD would be OK, though OQD does not offer and protection as far as I know.

3. dervdave

dervdave Virgin Detailer

Clever Nickname has summed it up great.
    Optimum Instant Detailer and OCW are perfect to go over OS after an ONR wash

4. edwinbong

edwinbong DB Forum Supporter

good info to know