ONR Streaking Problem

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by spencer785, Apr 12, 2010.

1. spencer785

spencer785 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Hi there I have a problem when using ONR. I wash the panel with a wash mitt and then dry but the problem when drying is the panel never gets completely dry. There is always some moisture left behind and then when i look at the paint once it has dried you can see like streaks of water and dirt left behind. It kinds of blends in with the paint but if you look close you can see it. Just wondering what im doing wrong. I got most if it off by using a QD but a few parts won't come off with QD is it okay to leave it for about a week until my next wash. Thanks

2. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

what is your process when using ONR? I use that product and don't have a streaking problem.

Usually it would be via the 2 Bucket Method.

One Bucket for rinsing your mitt
    One Bucket of ONR mixed Solution

After you wash one panel on the vehicle or depending where you are and the weather condition you might be able to do multiple panels . . . . . . you then dry the panel.

I use a Waffle Weave towel for drying . You might be either letting the ONR dry or if you continue to use a towel that is soaked it will leave water behind which will then cause streaking.

ONR does not dry itself so remember after you wash your panel to dry it thoroughly and that should solve your streaking problem. It is only a Rinse-Less wash meaning you don't need to rinse it but it does need to be dried.

3. zachc

zachc Two Bucket System Washer

are you diluting it enough? if it's too concentrated it'll make it harder to wipe away. Or are you using it in the sun? Also how dirty is your car? If it's too soiled ONR isn't the best choice, you would be better off washing it.

As for the streaks, the ONR isn't going to do anything to the paint.

4. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

You are supposed to make a total of three passes. One with the ONR soaked wash medium. One with a soft mf to pick up most of the water and a third pass with a separate dry plush mf to dry.

5. TWISTEDFRAME

TWISTEDFRAME Jedi Nuba

When I use ONR I always blot the panels dry instead of wiping them dry and I never get streaks. Also it reduces the likely hood of inducing swirls.

6. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

Implementing a 2nd drying towel should remedy your problem.

7. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

Use a microfiber wash mitt or a Lake Country Grout Sponge or something that provides better cleaning. Make sure that you are diluting the product accurately, it's 1 ounce per 1 or 2 gallons of water. Personally, I like 1oz per gallon.

Dunk your wash mitt in there, wring it out half-way dry, and then wash the panel like a regular wash, going from top to bottom.

Use a waffle weave drying towel to dry the panel, and then use a second drying towel to make your final pass. Keep using the same towels in this order, the first waffle weave as the preliminary drying towel, and the second towel as your final-pass drying towel.

It sounds like you are having one of two problems:
    1.) You are making the wash solution too weak. Use a measuring cup or one of those plastic syringe-type thingies to mix up the solution, as well as using a wash bucket with gallon markers for an accurate measurement of ONR to water.
    2.)Your wash media isn't providng enough cleaning. You need to use a better wash mitt, such as a microfiber wash mitt, a Lake Country Grout Sponge, or a Detailers Domain Uber Sponge.

Hope this helps.

8. Chris@Optimum

Chris@Optimum DB Certified Manufacturer

two drying towels

9. spencer785

spencer785 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

thanks for all the help just wondering how dirty is too dirty for onr. I hadnt washed my truck in about 2 weeks but i always pre rinse first before using onr. I just use onr because i find washing the regular 2 bucket method i get water spots. Thanks

10. christian900se

christian900se Obsessive Detailer

I tackled this car with ONR, including using it as the sole wheel cleaner:

[​IMG]

To this:

[​IMG]

And this is just after a the ONR washing process:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

to this:

[​IMG]

11. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

ONR has no limit, especially if you're willing to pre-rinse.