New Hyper Compound Spray in stock!

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by Obsessive Detail, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Obsessive Detail

Obsessive Detail Pro Detailer - Lifetime Member

My shipment of Optimum Hyper Compound Spray finally came in today. I've been testing this product now for quite a while and it cuts like M105 without the dusting and is a lot easier to use.

From now until Saturday you can get this for $5 off through either of my websites.

Enter Hyper in the coupon box at the Rag Shack to get the discount. Optimum Hyper Compound Spray (17oz.)

Enter Hyper in the comment box at my Obsessive Detail site and I will refund the discount back to you. Optimum

2. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Hey Justin. I will be ordering some when I get home!

3. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Zero dusting eh? Sounds interesting.

4. Obsessive Detail

I've tried out the beta samples as well as the product version and I've been really impressed. For a while I was using nothing but Meg's M105 on all of my heavy correction details, now I've been using mostly Hyper Compound Spray, it is a lot easier to use and actually cuts the same if not better than the M105. I think it is so much easier to spray the pad and go too!

5. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

So even on the harder CC's like Vette's, Benz and Bimmer it cuts better then 105?

6. Obsessive Detail

I've only used it on a vette with good results, I haven't gotten a chance to use it on a Benz or BMW yet. Also, I love how Hyper Compound cuts on gelcoats with a wool pad, this is another area where the product really stands out.

The abrasives in it are the same as M105 which are non-diminishing, but you get a lot more working time than with 105 and it is a breeze to take off as well.

7. GDAL

GDAL Guest

Placed an order and sent you a PM with a special request. Thanks Justin!

8. Obsessive Detail

Thanks buddy! Pm just sent back!

9. GDAL

GDAL Guest

you never dissapoint me Justin!!! :worship2:

10. richy

richy Guest

Justin...it sounds like an interesting product. M105 is my favourite right now. It definitely has a learning curve but the more I use it, the more I love it. I just bought a gallon of it. I will try the Optimum out when I am getting low on 105. Thanks for the introductory special.

11. GDAL

GDAL Guest

I hate M105 with a passion ... but I have always had issues with curves ... learning curves, female curves, etc. lol

12. Obsessive Detail

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

13. Obsessive Detail

This special ends tomorrow!

14. bjbull69

bjbull69 Virgin Detailer

Can this be used with a PC?

15. Road Trash

Road Trash Birth of a Detailer

16. Obsessive Detail

Yes, works great with a DA or rotary.

17. bjbull69

bjbull69 Virgin Detailer

Thank you.

18. Erik Mejia

Erik Mejia Obsessive Detailer

I'm hoping these newer OPT formulas don't separate like my other OPT polishes. The concept of spray polishes and compounds along with the non diminishing abrasive technology make these two new OPT formulations very interesting. I can't wait to try them out.

19. Obsessive Detail

So far I haven't seen any separation and I've had some beta samples for quite a while.

The Hyper Compound is pretty much like M105 having non diminishing abrasives. The Hyper Polish is like M205 and it has diminishing abrasives in it.

The new Optimum Polishes make a great combo, they both have a lot more cut than their previous versions and they don't dust and can be worked in long like the previous.

20. Erik Mejia

Erik Mejia Obsessive Detailer

That's great news. The separation wouldn't have bothered me as I'm used to shaking all my products before use. The problem I encountered was that I wasn't able to get them to the normal consistency no matter how much I shook them. They separated beyond the point of no return. I was bummed out, especially since I didn't even have them for eight months before they became unusable. Oh well, hope the newer ones don't have the same issues.

The one thing I think people need to be aware of however, is that OPT Hyper Compound is a long working, aggressive compound that will be cutting for the whole duration that the user polishes with it. In other words, you'll be removing paint the whole time you are working the compound against the finish. Unlike M105, this stuff is supposed to be a long working compound. In talking with some Meguiar's personnel, I gathered that the relatively short working time of M105 was deliberately built into the formula. It supposed to be a sort of safety feature which would allow users to remove defects, without removing unnecessary amounts of paint beyond the depths of defects they were trying to remove. As most of us know by now, non diminishing abrasives are no joke, they do there job and do it well. Without having previously used these new products, I would caution users to constantly check their progress as they go as to avoid over polishing and removing too much material.

Can't wait to try these out, and if any one wants to send me any free samples I will gladly and humbly accept them. :thumb: