my own pride and joy.

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by panama, Jul 6, 2008.

1. panama

panama Virgin Detailer

a quick going over of my own car. again done a while back. she now wears a nice new zaino jacket which i'll post if it ever stops raining.

A couple of befores.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the wheels looked awful but thanks to multiple layers of wheel guard, they were a doddle to clean, using FK #118 super concentrate shampoo
    and a zyml brush and sponge.

[​IMG]

After the wheels where done, car was foamed using the gilmour and a mix of maxi suds and super snow foam. Pics are after a 5 min dwell.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

then washed using TBM and the 118 shampoo again.
    couple of really bad tar spots so out came the tardis.
    tardis at work.
    [​IMG]

tar starting to dissolve.

[​IMG]

car then clayed with fine polyclay, last touch as lube.
    I had thought about doing some correction but time was cracking on so decided just to go for a good finish.
    Next up was FK #303 foam pad glaze,applied with the G220 and a megs finishing pad.

[​IMG]

Wasnt sure how much to use, this much did almost a full side.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

LSP for today was , FK pink wax.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

wheels finished with FK tyre dressing.
    [​IMG]

couple of afters with me messing with the camera settings. .Final wipedown with #425 extra slick final body shine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Looks like some great work, well done!

3. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Nice looking car. The paint looks super wet. Do you have any pics of the interior?

4. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Car looks great, nice work

5. Denzil

Denzil Guest

That car looks really glossy even out of the sun. Nice work.

6. JohnyB

JohnyB Birth of a Detailer

Never seen a car like that before cool! nice mini detail great shine. "Cough" cant wait till nica comes out with some stickers "Cough".

7. panama

panama Virgin Detailer

just this one. not great sorry.

[​IMG]

8. Nica

Nica Banned

Very nice vehicle, I like the emblem but I honestly can't say I know anything about this vehicle, nor have I ever seen a vehicle like this.

It looks great though and the interior picture looks really good, if you have any more pictures I'd love to see them...boy but that emblem does look sharp :thumb:

Thank you for sharing :peace:

9. panama

panama Virgin Detailer

well its a rover 75, it probably (not just saying this) the best car they ever made. Mainly because it was made when rover was owned and run by BMW. mine has a 2.0 turbo diesel engine, the same engine thats in the BMW 320d. The range starts from a 1.8 turbo petrol, up to a V8 with a mustang engine, but seeing as petrol over here is approx $12 a gallon, there's not too many about now. The rover group went bankrupt in 2004 (i think) but is currently being re invented by new owners NCAC, a chinese corporation. Only problem is ford own the rights to the rover name so it will be known as the Roewe when it is relaunched (what a naff name). A few more pics i found.......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Nica

Nica Banned

Thank you for sharing panama, vehicle looks great...it sure has quite the history..well the manufacturing company that is.