mobile trailer set up

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by Tessie33, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Tessie33

Tessie33 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Hello everyone. so recently I bought a trailer 6x12 and stocked up up with a 90 gallon water tank, electric pressure washer, and a 5,000 watt generac generator. I have a few questions for anybody who has built a set up like this in the past. when running that water from the back of the trailer to the pressure washer that is outside the trailer how can I make sure that i am getting enough water pressure? I hooked up and inline water pump that is pushing water through at 340 gpm which I am not sure if it in necessary. if anybody can tell me what they have had luck with i would appreciate it.

on a side note I have also taken on the task of building my own water containment mat (to appease a customer) i found a video online using a 12x20 tarp and some pool noodles. in the video he used duct tape and sewed the sides shut at about every foot or so. this to me diddnt look very sturdy although it did seem to work great i was wondering if anyone else had any ideas or have made something similar and had good luck with it.

thanks for all your help. I am usually a big fan of trial and error but unfortunately i am running out of time before I have to be up and running.

2. kakeuter

kakeuter DB Forum Supporter

Sounds like you know the gallons per minute that you're currently getting from the water pump, just check to see how much your pressure washer needs and adjust accordingly.

I'm not familiar with the water containment mat building, but would be interested in learning more.

-Kody-

3. 3PedalMINI

3PedalMINI DB Forum Supporter

Ive set up and built a detailing trailer from scratch for a detailing business some time ago. 340GPM's is more then enough to power pressure washers, infact thats way high. Normal household pressure is between 60-78gpm's The problem lies letting that pump run and run even though there is no "draw" you will blow something whether it be a joint or more then likely the motor or pump housing. Look into getting a diaphragm pump like this 1 Horsepower Shallow Well Pump with Stainless Steel Housing this will ensure that the pump shuts off when you stop using the water as well as give you the proper GPM's for all of your equipment. The pump will automatically kick on as soon as you draw water from a hose. (think of it as an ondemand pump) We had this in his trailer for 2 1/2 years with constant daily abuse and even forgetting to blow out the lines one night it froze and didnt damage anything. He closed up shop and tore down his trailer, but i would have no doubt that it would still be running today.

Cant help you with the water reclamation matt, but some simple ingenuity should get you there :)

Good Luck, Congrats on your trailer :)

4. Tessie33

Thank you for advise. the pump blowing up was a concern of mine. I will be ordering that pump very soon.

5. 3PedalMINI

Another nice thing is because the pump gives you "house hold pressure" you can do the sheeting rinse method!!

6. Tessie33

Now with that pump would I be able to use it with a regular hose sprayer or would it not be enough power for that?

7. 3PedalMINI

yup, you can use a regular hose sprayer! You can also kink the hose to get a "dribble" to do the sheeting rinse method without any risk of damaging the pump.

Just an FYI..do you have the pump mounted below or above the tank? im going to assume above...If you havent done so already Make sure you get a check valve to prevent the flow of water draining back into the tank forcing you to prime the pump often 1" PVC CHECK VALVE by Mueller B K - 101-605 - More Water valves at doitbest.com any local plumbing supply store (not lowes/home depot) will have one