Micro tar spots all over my paint. What do you use to remove it?

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Smitty50, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Smitty50

Smitty50 Virgin Detailer

I have those little tiny tar spots all over my car.

How is Chemical Guys STRONG WASH Bug Tar & Grime remover?

CWS_104-2.jpg

If that does the job, i'll purchase that!

2. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

Are you sure it's tar?

Submit a pic - it might be artillery fungus.

3. Smitty50

Smitty50 Virgin Detailer

4. Pureshine

Pureshine DB Pro Supporter

I have had spots like that on my customers cars and use P21s and works great to get it off.

5. tdekany

tdekany Wax on..Wax off

clay will take those off or you can use 3m adhesive remover

6. stottie

stottie Birth of a Detailer

ive taken these off on customers cars also. some times a foam with apc will work, if not clay will make quick work of them. letting them soak in apc than claying really makes it easy to take off. im sure tar remover will work also.

7. Smitty50

Smitty50 Virgin Detailer

Tried clay. Didn't work at all. I'm going to try the foam + apc and hopefully that'll do the trick. If not i'll buy the CG tar remover and try that out

8. dMak4

dMak4 Virgin Detailer

Personally, I would use CarPro Tar Remover or their TRIX tar and iron remover, they work pretty well. Just let it dwell for 5minutes and wash off.

9. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Artillery Fungus

They resemble asphalt (tar) spots but could be the spore of artillery fungus they look very much like tar spots and are often mistaken for them; usually about 1/10th-inch in diameter, typically artillery fungus feels like a sticky film, and when flattened can be smeared appearing white. It is a fungus that lives in wood-based mulch, the spores are usually shot only a short distance (several feet) but the wind can carry them for longer distances. Typically artillery fungus is sticky and has a film; they sometimes feel like they are in the clear coat, when in fact they have more than likely been covered with a wax or sealant.

They can be removed by using a chemical paint cleaner (Z-PC Fusion Dual Action Paint Cleaner or Klasse All-In-One or for really stubborn spots Iz einszett Industrie-Reiniger (W99)) and a plastic razor blade to scrape and remove the spot. If the affected paintwork is not neutralized any remaining acid residue will be reactivated each time it comes into contact with water.

They can be removed by using a chemical paint cleaner (Z-PC Fusion Dual Action Paint Cleaner or Klasse All-In-One, or for really stubborn spots Iz einszett Industrie-Reiniger (W99)) and a plastic razor blade to scrape and remove the spot. If the affected paintwork is not neutralized any remaining acid residue will be reactivated each time it comes into contact with moisture.

10. rjd598

rjd598 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Af oblitarate will do the trick