Karcher with foam cannon set-up w/ quick release

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Usjdmtuner, May 6, 2008.

1. Usjdmtuner

Usjdmtuner Wax on..Wax off

UPDATE ON THE PW/FOAM GUN SETUP on PAGE 2. Its a disappointment
    p

Hey guys... not sure if this is posted but i spent time researching and trying to get a good set-up for our Electric Karcher PW...this includes everything from the PW, to hose, new trigger, fittings and quick release...and actually more fittings from the hose kit...
    now for my setup is:

PW: Karcher 1800 psi (lowes for $159.00)

Pressureparts.com:
    Item# Product Price
    331120V Plug, Quick Connect 3/8 MPT (Steel) $0.85
    331021V Coupler, Socket 3/8 FPT (Brass) $2.51
    331115V Plug, Quick Connect 1/4" MPT (Steel) $0.95
    GHW4000 New Gun, Hose, Wand & Nozzle Kit 4000psi $89.95
    344032 Foam Cannon With Tank $62.62
    Total: $156.88

everything cost: $ 315.88

ENJOY

2. distrbd

distrbd New Member

so you have a Karcher PW and ordered an extra hose and gun?is it so you can connect a foam cannon?

3. Usjdmtuner

i didnt get the Karcher yet.. this weekend... you cant use the gun to attach to foam gun

4. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

That's a veryt economical set up - cheaper than what I can find - i suggest you get it

5. distrbd

distrbd New Member

You should also make sure the separate hose you are buying will fit the Kacher unit.

6. Usjdmtuner

yes it will fit... spoke with the people there and they sell karcher accessories so everything is the right pieces and with quick release..

7. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Those are some nice prices, I just bought a new pressure washer this weekend and it was 400.00. If that fits your needs I would go for it.

8. Usjdmtuner

yeah i wanted something mobile... and this setup would work with any PW.. so if my karcher fails .. i can always get another PW and use the foam gun setup with hose..

9. Usjdmtuner

update... I ordered the set-up and will give a good review as soon as it arrives...

10. distrbd

distrbd New Member

:thumb:Good for you,now all you need is DG #902,best IMHO for a foam cannon.

11. Usjdmtuner

i have CG citrus and meg hyper.. ill try those combo and see what works best and also look into DG

12. Blackwater

Blackwater Virgin Detailer

Karcher makes a bayonnet style adapter to fit their gun.

Pressureparts part # 4762061 adapter and coupler #331212

$15.00 for both

13. Usjdmtuner

nice... oh wells i didnt like the gun that karcher provided and their hose is so cheap...thanks for the advice.. its a good alternative...

14. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

yes..the hose and gun are cheap....I bought a new hose and gun at Lowes..it was a much better quality ...the stock hose was stiff and kinked..the new hose is rubber type....very flexible and the gun is way better also....

AL

15. Usjdmtuner

UPDATE.... I tested the setup 3 days ago and again today to see if it made a difference... the different nozzle works well with wand but unfortunately, THE FOAM GUN doesnt have enough psi to create thick suds and that nice foam... Im really upset and i want to share to you guys that the gun set up listed above should be use with gas powered PW....

16. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you. At least you have a quality hose, trigger and nozzle that'll be useable with your next PW.