ISF to the crusher for illegal street racing..........sadness

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by Kilo6_one, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

2. Frankastic

Frankastic Detail Photographer

wow what a waste!

3. scheerspeed

scheerspeed DB Forum Supporter

:O was my facial expression the whole time...

4. TimAD

TimAD Jedi Nuba

They don't really care about the $50,000 they could have gotten from this car.

It's about sending a message. You don't mess with the Government

5. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

Politicians can solve almost any problem -- usually by creating a bigger problem.
    -Thomas Sowell

6. TimAD

TimAD Jedi Nuba

"A typical vice of American politics is the avoidance of saying anything real on real issues."

-Teddy Roosevelt

7. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

True, it should have been sold off as we do up here but they are trying to send a message that it won't be tolerated. I think it's more painful to watch your car get crushed than to see it sold. Hopefully the owner still owes a whack of cash on it. Dumbass.

8. DirtyWeRX

DirtyWeRX DB Forum Supporter

That kind of stuff irritates the h*** out of me. Though, my reasoning could be pure ignorance for not taking time to do research on the issue.

I understand the point of creating a message, but I think there are other ways to punish the dim-witted driver.

Now, I can understand if the owner got caught doing 130+ mph in high traffic areas, then by all means, crush the car. There is no excuse for putting others in danger. If you are dumb enough to race in a secluded (yet still public) area for example: for off country roads with not a soul in sight.... then I am ok with you making a mistake and killing yourself. Call it a lack of sympathy for stupidity.

This is where ignorance and lack of research comes in to play, and if you live in california, feel free to chime in. In the situations where the cars get crushed, how bad is the violation? Is it people racing at 130+ mph in public highways? Or is it the silly 16 year old in the Civic racing between stop light reaching 60 mph in a 40 mph zone? How bad do you have break the law for them to crush the car?

If its the 2nd situation, then just fine the hell out of him... or for extra fun, take the car to the dealership, return it to stock, then give it back making him flip the bill.

Its funny, 4-5 years ago, I wouldve screamed BS and how thats unfair and blah blah blah, but now, I still race my car, but I keep it on the rallyx course. Otherwise, if a car revs at me, I just leave it be.... Geeze, I sound old at 22. :(

9. EvoFire

EvoFire Birth of a Detailer

I have a feeling, the owner of the IS-F that is being crushed probably doesn't even care. Maybe I just have a skewed view upon this matter due to living in Vancouver and seeing all these kids with nice cars who don't care. Yeah the government is probably trying to send a message, but to who? And do they even care?

That said, its saddening to see a perfectly fine piece of machinery being destroyed like that. Its as if there is no sense of value whatsoever. Sure $50,000 is nothing in the grand scheme of things, but its still $50,000. Could have been an extra $50,000 to buy new desks at a school or to pay for an extra shift at a hospital in need.

10. hamza7

hamza7 Welcome to Detailing

I could have used that hood for polishing practice!

11. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

This is just dumb...Illegal racing maybe a problem, the owner needs to pay a fine, and depending on circumstances have his licence suspended, but not having a car crashed...and i the government really wants to take it from him - action it of...put it to use, and get money from it...I'm sure the state can use some money, but oh, I forgot, democrats are running it right now...they are the ones who wants to go "green" and paperless, and when papermills are out of jobs along with many other group of people, they stand on streets with signs "save our jobs"...that is so pathetic...they are such pathetic loosers...

12. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Is there a link to the article that tells the story behind the video?

13. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

14. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

No back story, but there are enough comments on the youtube page to back up the story, someone sent it to me...........

15. brandon defeo

brandon defeo DB Forum Supporter

someone has got some nice new brakes for their is250! maybe a power/drivetrain

16. teak

teak Birth of a Detailer

So true.
    They should have given me the IS-F. What a winter rat that would have made with Nokian's and heated seats.

17. MFE

MFE Virgin Detailer

Ouch! I want to cry after seeing that